南佛罗里达大学(University of South Florida) , CSE 招全奖计算机博士

s10056832
本人代为老师发招生贴,如有任何疑问,请直接与老师邮件联系

Introduction: I am an incoming Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the
University of South Florida. Currently, I am working as a postdoc in the Human-Computer
Interaction (ROC-HCI) Lab in the Department of Computer Science at the University of
Rochester. I build technology for soft-skills development, particularly for the social development
of soft skills.

I am looking to recruit several Ph.D. students to start in Spring 2024 or Fall 2024. The
positions will have full tuition and stipend support, and travel funds will be available for
attending research conferences.

Research Areas: Computational Social Science, Network Science, Human-Computer
Interaction, Machine Learning, Affective Computing, Data Science

Research Project:

Broadly, the projects will focus on building technology that (1) helps people develop socio-
cognitive soft skills (e.g., storytelling, negotiation), and (2) elevates the collective performances of teams in terms of creativity, problem-solving, and intelligence. Additionally, we will develop
interventions to counter critical elements of concern in online social media, such as belief
rigidity and polarization, by bringing cognitive, social, psychological, computer, and network
sciences together. The research will draw on qualitative and quantitative methods from
computational social science, network science, machine/deep learning (particularly NLP), human-computer interaction, and affective computing. Please visit raiyan-ab.com for more information.

Preferred qualifications:
; The ideal candidate must have an interest in conducting interdisciplinary research
; Having prior involvement in extra-curricular activities (e.g., debate, art & design, public
speaking, writing, or voluntary fieldwork) is a plus
; Underrepresented students are encouraged to apply

I am keen to learn what excites you as a researcher, what kind of work you'd like to do, and how I can help you achieve your goals. If this sounds interesting to you, you are welcome to drop me a line with the following information:

✓ Transcripts
✓ CV
✓ Writing sample (if available )
✓ A few sentences on your motivation and goals
Email: 1point3acres.com

The deadline for application is September 1 for Spring'24 and January 15 for Fall'24. For further
details on admission requirements, please visit lnkd.in
2条回复