个人托福写作复习帖

eros
T93(W23)每天写两篇坚持到考试!

Do you agree with the following statement?Society benefits more from works of great artists than from political leaders?

[align="left"]I disagree with the statement that societybenefits more from works of great artist than from political leaders. Many,hold the view point that artists has more influence on social world, claim thatmore people are enjoying the aesthetic creation of artists. However, whentaking more factors into consideration, as far as I am concerned, politicalleaders make more contribution to the current world.[/align]
[align="left"]
Initially, one issue which encourage me tohold this opinion is that politicians have greater powers to change the worldthan artists. When an artist is facing a difficulties, most of the artists feelsad, and they paint. Their creation, like music, paintings, poetry or somethingelse, complaining their unsatisfaction and disappointment which is impressivefor the public. Their behavior doesn't work for the difficulties. But for apolitician, they hold the power to make a difference. For instance, Obama canissue a law to solve an environment problem, he may send troops to beat terrorismand keep peace. But for artists, limited by the power, they can only expresstheir feeling by painting or composing. Thus, the contribution of the artist isjust express their feeling and turn it into their creation, which may attractmore public attention, but for a wise politician, they solve it.[/align]
[align="left"]
Lending even more credibility to my pointof view is that the contribution of politicians may be easier to ignore thanartists because it is their responsibility to do so. Everyone is seekingpeaceful and stable life. If there is nothing happen, they won't notice the politicians’contribution, but when disaster appeared, they blame the politicians for doingnothing. With more power, politicians are always has more responsibility to protectthe world and satisfy the society which is a much harder task than artists topaint their pictures or compose songs.[/align]
[align="left"]
Admittedly, artists make contribution tothe society from a different perspective. The public can not only release theirstress by enjoying their visual or auditory creation, but also get inspirationand encouragement from the meaning inside the creation. The creation of artistsand their meaning may spread widely through public approval which will affectthe public to change slowly. Yet, the society still need quick and compulsoryexecution to solve urgent disaster. [/align]
[align="left"]In short, even though artists play animportant role in society, yet we still need politicians. Actually, politicianshold more power, take more responsibility to solve problems than artists. As aresult, the presented claim that society benefits more from works of greatartists than from political leaders, generally speaking, is not correct.[/align]
6条回复