5.11北京F1自费HCI硕士,1000 approved

diamrem
后天就要去面谈了,虽然不是第一次,但仍然比较没有底。背景是自费硕士,MSI专业HCI方向,要暂停现在正在读的学位。之前去过美国交换半年(F1),英国工作一年(短期工作签证),另外还有申根签证和几个亚洲国家的签证记录。准备的材料list在下面,翻了本版和太傻最近所有的签经。

求RP求过 (签完后RP如数奉还)

要是过了我就把头像换成非剪影正面高清无码大头照。

立此存照。

──────更新──────

约的中午12点,11点到了大使馆门口,晃荡一下到了11点半,问门口的兵哥能不能进,答约可以。

进去后安检之类的细节就不说了。

第一关是将F1的必须材料,DS-160确认页,SEVIS收据,中信签证费收据(需粘帖在DS-160确认页上),护照,I-20,将这些东西交给窗口里的工作人员,一个窗口收齐了6-7本就不收了,所以你可以多看看,看那个窗口还在收。工作人员收齐后,会开始做一些工作(应该是基本信息核对之类的),完了后会叫名字,叫到的这几个人就是一组了。

把材料还给每个人,一组人一起去按指纹,一起去排队,然后就是面签了。

然后我就秒过了……具体问题如下:

VO:So, you are going to UMich to study HCI, what is HCI?

me: Human Computer Interaction, this is a specialization in information science

VO: hmmm, ho, you've been to Missouri

me: Yes, it was an exchange program, 3 years ago

VO: have you graduated?

me: no, I am currently enrolled in a Master program,

VO: Your current major?

me:Digital Media Art

VO: So you will transfer to...?

me: Not really, I deferred my graduation of my current program. Because the curriculum is no very satisfying, but I will be able to get my degree of this program after I graduate from UMich, this is my … (准备拿出在读学院的支持信,但是被打断)

VO:OK,you are approved,good luck

me:Thank you

看起来问了很多,但是其实过程很快,其间只看了我递上去的DS-160确认页,SEVIS收据,中信签证费收据,护照,I-20,就是一开始交给工作人员的那一套。另外我准备的所有材料都没有找我要,也没有问(资金、学习计划、归国计划等等方面都没有),我带了一个手风琴文件夹的材料阿!

自我总结:

签证面谈的关键在于“有效沟通”,整个签证的过程重点在于“充分准备”,而这两点都是围绕这一下三个基本要素来的:

1 去美国的目的是否真实(对应F1:是否真的去读书)

2 是否有经济能力(谁付学费,来源是否真实,数额是否足够)

3 是否有移民倾向 (未来的计划是什么)

所以很多细枝末节都是无需关心的,比如成绩单是不是要封口、护照上要不要贴照片、我的户口跟父母不在一起怎么办等等等等。你所需要关心的,只有上面三个问题。

举个例子,我前面有个人办旅游签,跟丈夫一起去旅游,签证官在检查结婚证的时候发现两个人的户口不在一起,丈夫在北京,她在老家,就提出疑问。那个人用中文解释了两遍,说北京的政策是什么什么,只有满足了一定条件才能迁入北京。第一遍签证官没有听太明白,第二遍听明白了。然后问了一下旅行行程,房产、工作等等,就过了。

以上就是一个有效沟通的具体例子,你需要把自己的出行目的、国内约束等等信息真实有效的告诉签证官。

再看我的面谈,当签证官提出是不是Transfer的时候,我也是把我的真实想法和实际情况说出来了。所以类似“硕士毕业出国读一个同专业硕士好不好签过”这种问题是没有意义的,你需要的是一个能够说服自己和别人的理由,你为什么要出国读一个相同的硕士?理由充分、真实,就没有问题。

为什么签证官只问了我这方面的问题呢,我的推测:

她首先要确定我去美国读书的目的是否真实,确定以后,发现我去过美国,另外我在旅行经历上写了去过的8个国家,她通过我的旅行记录断定我的经济实力和移民倾向都没有问题,所以这两方面都没有问。然后我就过了。

以上就是我的一些想法和总结,希望对大家有帮助。

最后,履行诺言换头像了,众人不要由于反差太大而觉得受骗上当!吐槽一下,换头像的flash插件在mac下的chrome11和firefox4.0都会导致flash崩溃阿!

──────以上是更新──────

1. Moderate
    • The DS-160 application form confirmation page (two copies, one laser printed, one inkjet, in case that either can't be scanned properly)
    • One photograph: Two inches square (51mm x 51mm)
    • The application fee bank receipt (not sure whether it needs to be glued to the confirmation page, so I also bring a paste stick, just in case)
    • Valid passport
  2. F1 Specific
    • SEVIS Form (also know as I-20, signed by myself)
    • SEVIS Fee Receipt
    • CV (includes my education and industry background, listed 8 countries that I've been to)
    • Study plan (not sure if Master student also needs this, I listed a rough collection of the courses I might choose. I mentioned the thesis option of the program as well)
    • TOEFL and GRE score report
  3. Proof of Finances
    • Support letter from my parent
    • Deposit book/deposit receipt (along with certificate of deposit from bank, Half of the money was put in bank this March, the other half was last Dec, this might be my week point)
    • Parents's annual income certificate, along with pay slip (I may use this to explain that amount of money above is not hard to raise for my family, to make it reasonable)
    • Ownership of two sets of real estate (one for live in, the other for investment, also helps to explain that my family's financial condition is healthy)
  4. Ties to China
    • 户口, my family ties
    • Pictures of me with my parents, my girl friend and with them together (to prove my relationship with her is aware by my parents, and is stable)
    • Support letter from the school that I currently attend to (states that after I graduate from UMich, I could continue to my deferred thesis defense in this school, this also helps to explain that why I temporally quit my current program.)
    • Reasons that I will come back to China (From the perspective of industry, HCI is a quite new area, and I believe in 2 - 3 three years, it will be a tipping point for IT industry. Proof 1, IT giant like Google and Apple is investing heavily in this area, and the China market always follows U.S.'s step, proof 2, almost all the Chinese IT company like Tencent, Sina, Taobao has established related division, it is a sign of that HCI is now attracting attention from the industry)
  5. Other
    • My transcript of all previous education
    • Certificate of diploma and degree (Bachelor's)
    • Pics of my previous trips to several countries
    • Letters from my two previous employers
    • Misc
33条回复