16fall,统计硕士,PS最终版求批改

lloqiolloqio
本人米不多,尽力给,谢谢!
[align="center"]Personal Statement[/align][align="left"]I love Statistics, not just for its abstract beauty and inner logic, but for its powerful application to solve real world problems, especially with the combination of computer science which spare us a lot of trouble. I gained a great sense of achievement in problem-solving using the knowledge and skills I own, so four years ago I enrolled in the Beijing Jiaotong University to study information and computing science, an interdisciplinary course that well integrate the mathematical tools and computer skills. However, I gradually realize that in this era when data is pervasive and significant in almost every sector of business, I lack of systematic study in the statistical theories which will guide my future research to identify the problems and then solve them. That’s why I am now applying to your esteemed program for I need a rigorous training in both statistics theories and other related skills in achieving my future goal as a data analyst.[/align]
[align="left"]Your program, with intensive training in all aspects of statistics theories and flexible course structures, is the right choice for me. It is without doubt that your program is highly selective about your prospective students, and I am confident to say that I am an outstanding candidate for your program, too. My academic excellency has been proved by the 3.9/4.0 GPA due to my efforts in the last three years. During my nearly four years of undergraduate education, I have taken important courses in Mathematics such as Advanced Algebra, Probability Theory, Statistical Computation, and computer languages such as C/C++, Matlab, and R, and I got As in all those subjects. Now that I am about to graduate from my college, I feel really grateful for the great academic environment it created. [/align]
[align="left"]Few people could, or bother to appreciate the aesthetic appeal of statistics, while I am not one of them. And my talents in mathematics pave my way to statistics studies. Since middle school, I have participated in various mathematics competitions because the process of finding solutions really fascinated me. Later, when I entered university and got contact with more profound and sophisticated mathematical models, I didn’t miss any chance to participate in the school mathematics competition. What I love about modeling is that it addresses real world issues and the problem I solved in my very first competition is elevator transportation. Based on the floor priority and partition optimization, I built corresponding models and wrote programs with DEV C++ along with the use of analytic hierarchy for the sake of optimizing the designs. At last, my team won the second prize in our school and I have tasted the sweetness in practicing the magic of mathematics modeling.[/align]
[align="left"]After accumulating experience in the school’s contest, for the sake of further exercising my abilities, I participated for two consecutive years in the Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM), the international mathematics modeling competition that have some influence on universities. I managed to solve two problems in these two competitions. The first one was finding the best coach and the other one about hybrid Ebola virus and its medication delivery system. I not only learned to perform a quantitative analysis of various factors of the coaches, but also to integrate the use of AHP model and principal component analysis to realize fair evaluation criteria. While in the recent one, I further strengthened my ability to build models and optimized them based on proper theories like SIR-based approaches and differential equations. To my delight, I had a chance to practice the Newton Interpolation which I had learned before to make up the missing data. Through these competition experiences, I also improved my skills in using MATLAB on the computer. I believe my rich experience in modeling could benefit a lot in my future quantitative research.[/align]
[align="left"]A good statistician should have the ability to not only see the fragmented data, but also own the ability to transform the data into a resolvable question as long as you select the right tools and quantitative approaches. Driven by my future goal in becoming a qualified analyst, I have done several projects involved in different aspects of life. In the National Undergraduate Innovation Program, I tried to predict the stock price using an optimized neural network. Specifically, I optimized the parameters and connection weight of the neural network by the Particle Swarm Optimization approach. In order to test the model, I performed simulating calculation using the data from the Shanghai Stock Market. Firstly, I was worried that our RBF neural network wouldn’t work, but the experiment results showed that the predicted time was greatly decreased and the accuracy remarkably improved. At present, I am doing another research on multiple gray predicting model for monitoring the dam safety. Having invested much time in consulting the literature reviews about the parameter estimation methods, I propose to adopt the Moore-Penrose Inverse of the matrix along with corresponding calculation examples to solve the singular matrix problem. And my job in the next month is to modify the boundary condition of the model and propose a new predicting formula. [/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]I believe my rich modeling experience, excellent academic grades and my good command of computer languages give me the confidence that I am able to thrive in your esteemed program. The XX program in XX provided by your university is an optimal choice for me, providing me with an innovative curriculum and research seminars, from which I could obtain a broad understanding and in-depth knowledge of statistics research approaches, time series analysis for financial modeling. When I graduate from your school, I will pursue a position as a data analyst in a company. And I really hope you could consider my application favorably.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Thanks for your time.[/align]
8条回复