第一个Offer,UW-Seattle,EE

wzyfrank2012
本来对这个老师的方向比较感兴趣,之前套过一段时间。后来发现我以前做过水水的科研的老师和UW的很熟,于是就让他私推。UW老师说过会serious consider my application.后来就没有再套过..没想到今天UW老师亲自发的邮件..
Dear Mr XXXXX,
I am delighted to inform you that you have been admitted for PhD studies at the University of Washington and that we will offer you guaranteed financial support for three years through a combination of research and teaching assistantships.

My colleagues of the energy group and I were very impressed by your academic achievements and by the personal qualities that you demonstrated through your CV and your statements. In short, we think that you have what it takes to be an excellent PhD student and we look forward to working with you. You may be interested to know that we received XXX applications for graduate studies in the energy/power field and that we accepted only XX students.

Within a few days you will receive our formal offer letter. If you would like to explore possible research projects, drop me an email and we will arrange a convenient time to discuss research ideas via Skype.

Don't hesitate to contact me by email if you have any other question.

Once again, congratulations on your achievement and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

XXXXXX

因为之前从来没收到过OFFER/AD/REJ欣喜若狂之余,也有几个小问题..

(1)我看好多人的AD都是系里面发的..这个直接是老板发的e-mail,应该比较稳健吧..系里面不会过不去吧..
(2)这个是OFFER的意思吧??
(3)虽然学校我很满意..毕竟这是第一个结果..我看UW老板的意思..都要讨论research projects了..不会现在就要从了他吧..我还想等剩下的那些结果出来..再决定去哪里..不知道应该如何和老板说呢?怎样告诉UW老板我非常想去他那里又不想这么快就做决定呢?
(4)如果没有立刻答应他去UW..OFFER会不会跑了?
还请各位有经验的大牛帮忙~如果有什么申请的问题的话也欢迎提问..我背景水..能中UW估计还是因为私推..

65条回复