拒信一堆

juggernaut
三封拒信:
UW:

Thank you for your application to the University of Washington Graduate School. Your file has been carefully reviewed by the graduate admissions committee in the Biology (PhD) program.

Unfortunately, the committee has decided not to recommend your admission and I concur with this decision. The number and quality of graduate applicants to the University of Washington are extraordinary and these difficult decisions are reached through careful consideration of all applicants to a given program. In many cases, enrollment restrictions are also a factor, limiting our ability to accept all qualified applicants.

If you have questions regarding the reasons for this decision, they should be directed to the graduate program.

I realize that this outcome is disappointing, but I do thank you for the time and effort you invested into applying to a graduate program at the UW, as I recognize that expenditures of money and time to do so can be considerable. I wish you well in your future educational endeavors.

Princeton:

Thank you for applying to our Graduate School for the 2012-2013 academic year. While I assure you that the materials you submitted were carefully reviewed by the faculty in the Department of Quantitative Computational Biology, I regret to inform you that the department did not recommend your admission for the coming year.The number of places available at Princeton for entering graduate students is extremely limited and we cannot offer admission to all who are well-qualified. Indeed, many departments consistently have applicants who would be admitted without hesitation if the resources were available. Our decisions take into account not only the applicants’ merits, but also the suitability of the department’s programs to the candidates’ expressed interests. Our goal is to achieve a sound match between the strengths of our programs and the interests of the relatively small number of outstanding students that can be accommodated.I wish you success in your plans for graduate study and thank you for considering Princeton University.
Yale:
Thank you very much for applying to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Yale University. I regret toinform you that we are unable to offer you admission. As you know, the very high number of extraordinarycandidates among our more than 11,200 applicants far exceeds the number of places we have in each program, sowe are not able to admit many excellent candidates. We are using this system of electronic notification to communicate with you five to ten days more rapidly than wecould by letter. We hope that this approach helps applicants plan their futures quickly and effectively. We wish youevery success in all your endeavors.
。。。

8条回复