你们都被UCB拒,我被另一个UCB拒

japannippon
这学校招人不多,知道我这背景很难被录,但还是抱有一丝侥幸的心理,结果果然悲剧。
之前以为这学校会在四月初发录取和拒信,没想到这么早。
那个Sadoff来的邮件通知,拒信写的挺真诚的。
学Power,这么一来估计要去NCSU了。

附拒信:
Dear XXX,
I have just now received back your paperwork, and am especially sorry to inform you that after consideration of your application, the Department of Electrical, Computer & Energy Engineering *cannot* recommend to the College of Engineering and the Dean of the Graduate School that you be admitted into the graduate program.
We receive many applications from well-qualified students and the competition is very intense. Due to limited faculty resources we cannot admit even some very good students who apply to our program. Am here attaching a formal letter to this effect. Again, I am sorry to have to give you this news, but hope you can appreciate that I have informed you by e-mail the instant I learned this myself, so as to at least alleviate the long wait for regular mail, and to allow you to make other plans sooner. I inform you right away, since years ago I was in your situation myself, but wasn't informed for many months because the people just didn't care enough to follow up or tell me directly, despite repeated voicemails to them.
XXX, I wish you the very best of success in all your future academic and work endeavors, and certainly encourage you to keep in touch and let me know where you ultimately decide to study from among other universities that admit you to their respective programs, as have many other students either not admitted to our program, or who opted to study elsewhere.
Kind Regards,
Adam
22条回复