今天拿到I-797A 以及后续签证问题

mmao3
今年是第二次抽签,一个月前律师通知APPROVED,今天拿到了original I-797-A, 网上依旧是CASE RECEIVED状态。
律师比较负责,寄来的材料有一个单独的包裹指明是FOR ME. 里面有 : 律所写的关于H1B相关内容的信,原始I-797A, 申请H1B 时的材料。信的内容大概是回国申请签证需要的材料以及相关的注意事项。我把I-797A 和申请材料都扫描成了电子版,便于以后回国申请签证用。以下是信的主要内容:

APPROVAL NOTICE
Attached is the original H-lB petition approval, Form I-797A.

As you know, you currently are authorized to remain and work in the United States under your valid F-1 OPT. This means that you can remain in this country and continue to work until October 1, 2017, when your H-1 B approval takes effect and your status changes to H-1 B.

Please note that your H-lB approval is specific to the position and job location in the H-IB petition. If there is a change in your position, title and/or duties, hours, salary or worksite after October I, 20 I 7, our office should be notified as soon as possible, as the H-1 B petition approved on your behalf may need to be amended to reflect the updated information before the change is implemented. Failing to properly advise the USCIS of a material change in your employment may result in an unlawful employment situation.

Please remove the perforated lower right-hand portion of the Approval Notice and place it in your passport along with your current I-94 card. You will return both cards when departing the United States. Whenever traveling abroad, you should always remember to bring your original Form I-797, Approval Notice, so that you will be granted the maximum period of stay indicated on the notice.

VISA APPLICATION
The next time you travel outside the U.S., you will need to apply for a new H-1B visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. To secure an H-1 B visa, you must submit the following: original approval notice (Form I-797 enclosed), Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) with appropriate fees, passport valid for at least one year and containing at least one blank page, an employment letter, two (2) photographs taken pursuant to the State Department requirements, and copies of all documents submitted to secure this approval ( enclosed). Please note that visa application procedures vary and are always subject to change. Therefore, you should check the embassy website and contact the embassy's non-immigrant visa section to confirm the procedures regarding non-immigrant visa issuance. Please note that all consulates now require applicants to make an appointment beforehand-it may take several days to weeks to get an appointment and secure your new visa. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the visa application process.

During the visa interview, the consular officer will review your documentation and may ask questions regarding your job duties, RB, or your background. You also will be photographed and fingerprinted tlu·ough the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM, formerly US-VISIT). OBIM was established in order to ensure that the individual who applied for and received a visa stamp is the same person who is applying for admission to the United States.

Since November 2007, U.S. embassies and consular posts are now required to obtain independent verification of approved petitions tlu·ough the PIMS system. A copy of your approved petition should have been sent by the USCIS for .entry into the PIMS system. PIMS verification normally delays the processing of your visa for 3-5 days. Sometimes, however, the delays can be more extensive, several months or more, due to extended security and other checks. Remember, the issuance of an H-visa is not guaranteed, even after securing an approval from the USCIS. The U.S. Government retains the right to confirm that you have no prior immigration, criminal, or medical history, which might render you ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa. You should advise us immediately if you believe this may be a problem. When the visa is issued, please be sure to check the visa to ensure that all of the information is correct.

ENTERING THE UNITED STATES
Once the visa is issued and you enter the United States, you will need to present your passport with the visa stamp page and your 1-797 Approval Notice.

Upon entry, by air or sea, you will receive a stamp in your passport, rather than a paper 1-94 card (little white card), and your immigration category and period of stay will be recorded immediately in Customs and Border Protection's ("CBP") database. The stamp in your passport should read "H-1B" valid until August 24, 2020. You should check this item upon entry to ascertain that the stamp reflects the end date as noted on your approval notice. If the CBP Officer makes a mistake, be sure to ask to speak with the CBP officer directly or with a Supervisor. Any errors should be corrected upon arrival before entry into the US. Land ports of entry (border entries) will not take part in this new system.

After entry, you should visit i94.cbp.dhs.gov immediately to print out a paper I-94 record of your entry, period of stay and immigration category. The printout can be used to demonstrate lawful status and period of admission to employers and government agencies. We highly advise that you do this each time you travel and carry a copy of the electronic 1-94 record with you in your passport. Please also be sure to provide us with a copy of your visa and paper I-94 record.

Most importantly, it is imperative that you remain in proper visa status at all times. If you fail to remain in valid status by overstaying your allotted validity date -even for one day - you may be held to be unlawfully present in the United States. A departure and new visa will be required, as this violation automatically invalidates your visa stamp and status. If you remain in the United States beyond the date noted on your 1-94 record you may be subject to a 3 year or 10 year bar from re-entering the United States. Therefore, it is very important you review your 1-94 record and entry stamp every time you return from travel abroad to make certain that you are given the maximum period of time as indicated on your Approval Notice.

LAWFUL COMPLIANCE
Finally, immigration law requires that all non-citizens notify the Immigration Service of a change of address within ten ( 10) days of that change. If you change your address, please visit USCIS online at http://ww,,v.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis to complete Form AR-11, Change of Address online. Also, please notify our office so that we can update our records.

祝大家早日拿到I-797A!!

6条回复