发个准offer吧。。 虽然不是stat的[附带陶瓷过程]

PigOwner
Dear xxx,

congratulations, you have been recommended for admission to the Mathematical and Computational Cognitive Science PhD program of Purdue University. You have to wait for a letter from the head of our department, which will be your official admission document and which will also specify financial conditions. It is customary, however, to inform candidates as soon as the recommendation was made.

I would like to mention a few details. First, if you accept this invitation and come to Purdue to get your PhD here you will be guaranteed a waiver of tuition and financial support for at least four years (usually more), in the form of teaching assistantship, research assistantship, or fellowships. At least in your first academic year you will be a research assistant on my Air Force grant, which means you would be able to start doing your PhD research from the outset. Moreover, we decided to nominate you for a competitive fellowship: if you win this fellowship, you may be supported by it for up to four years. I will keep you posted on the progress. But, frankly, such a fellowship, although prestigious, is not critical for you: between my grants and departmental teaching you will have adequate support.

You have officially until April 15 to accept or turn down our admission offer. You told me, however, that you are genuinely interested in Purdue and in working with me, so I would like to urge you to come up with your answer as soon as you can. You have won in a competition with several strong candidates, and the truth is, we can neither admit nor reject the next strongest candidate until we know your decision. Having said this, you should, of course, take as much time as you need.

Meanwhile, if you have any questions of our program or Purdue, let me know. We have traditionally had one of the strongest mathematical psychology programs in the world, and I have several research projects to offer you, some of which you will doubtlessly find interesting and challenging. West Lafayette and Lafayette are quiet and inexpensive places to live in, whereas the Purdue campus is large and vibrant.

PLease copy to me all your future correspondence with our graduate office.

Best regards,
29条回复