凌乱了~~~~

yusiyunteresa
看着身边的同学纷纷冲击了大批牛校 我开始怀疑我这个保守的态度了。。。。。。 其他在等的也没什么了Gatech的金工,Rutgers的统计PhD,UCLA的统计ms,哥大统计ms。。。

给大家来个UW的对我的提问回复邮件吧:

关于硕转博:
The time is variable but if you have taken our masters I would say around 4 years, if you are admitted to the program. You can look at the dept website to see the PhD requirements (we have just changed the requirements and I think we have a better program now).

关于就业:
I don't have data on this but a lot of our students do stay in the area as there are a lot of research institutes here (for example, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center takes on a lot of masters students). The times are good to be a statistician since so many new data sources are becoming available.

关于RA等financial support的可能性:
There are possibilities in the second year, both in Statistics and across the campus, but I wouldn't want to offer any guarantees.

以及UNC的回复(问题顺序基本同上):
Yes, definitely. You can take the qualifying exams at the end of the first year along with other PhD students. You need to select your first year courses with that in mind. We will help you do that.

Industrial jobs, mostly in pharmacutical industries, some in sofware, some in banking, etc. It IS harder for the international students with an MS degrees to find a job, since many companies won't sponsor a MS student for immigration.(事实。。。掩面内流中。。。)

Quite a few MS students manage to fins some university jobs. However generally it does not cover tuition. ...... I assume 1500 dollars will be more than enough to cover monthly living expenses.

然后大家来帮忙吧~~ 希望各种牛人现身~~~
33条回复