1st ME PhD department recommendation

澎澎xu
[align="left"]收到一封院里的recommendation[/align][align="left"]Congratulations! It is my pleasure to let you know that the Mechanical Engineering Department Graduate Program Committee at Virginia Tech has recommended your admission to the university in our graduate program. The Graduate School makes the ultimate decision, but they almost always agree with the departmental recommendation. Also, please aware of our mandatoryorientation for new graduate students on August 10, 2018. [/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Financial offers from the department will be made at a later time in spring 2018. I encourage you to continue to contact individual facultyin your areas of research interest about the possibility of research mentoring/advising. Many times, this will turn into funding through a Graduate Research Assistantship. You might also consider funding yourself, as some of our students do. [/align][align="left"]
[/align][align="left"]老铁们这是什么意思?院里推荐完了,研究生院发offer是吗?我申请的是Ph.D项目,之前一月中旬找了申请的教授并且面试过,但是之后没有消息了。说等到二月底会有消息,我不知道这个学院的recommendation是学院筛选完学生主动发的,还是教授推荐给学院然后学院推荐给研究生院的?按字面上意思说我还得继续找faculty。什么情况,搞不懂了。[/align][align="left"]另外,所谓研究生院发的Financial offers是不是就是TA或者RA的position啊?‘You might also consider funding yourself’ 这句话让我很慌啊,没老师要的话,我申的是Ph.D 总该给个TA吧? funding 自己 有点失了智,很慌。[/align][align="left"]求老铁们指点一二。[/align][align="left"]
[/align]
27条回复