UFL工程院下的CISE估计马上要和ECE合并了~

芥末
最近听到了UFL的各种新闻:

1、先是有人说CISE要解散了,预算给了Athletic,本人听到之后就感觉纯属扯淡,果然College of Engineering出来澄清了:(见下链接)

eng.ufl.edu

eng.ufl.edu

2、后来是UF校长给faulty and staff的邮件,说ECE的BOSS和CISE的BOSS come forward together with a framework of a new proposal that would help meet the college’s budget target。邮件里还说:

“We are currently working on a plan for a joint organization of these two departments into a larger unit. I feel strongly that this is the best opportunity for the two departments moving forward,” said Gerhard Ritter, interim chair of CISE.(这个是CISE的BOSS)

“I believe that successful implementation of this plan would be beneficial not only to the future of computer science but also to electrical and computer engineering,” Harris said.(这个是ECE的BOSS)

反正就是说两个BOSS都很看好这个合并。这是链接:

eng.ufl.edu

3、然后是我刚刚看到的,是CISE的BOSS专门写给CISE研究生的信,大体什么意思看开头就够了:

Dear CISE Graduate Students:

I am writing this email to assure you that the merger of the CISE department into a larger unit or school is not some hidden ploy to destroy CISE but to keep its autonomy as a department within a larger structurer.......

这个是链接:

eng.ufl.edu

这个是新闻总目录的链接:

eng.ufl.edu

个人感觉应该是马上要融合了!

综合上面这些新闻,个人感觉这次融合是好事,感觉体系优化了很多!

而且各种BOSS一再强调,这不是一个院系的解散(个人认为应该是一个院系的重生)!“Under that proposal, all undergraduate and graduate degree curriculum would remain the same and the college would maintain its brainpower and research capacity.”这是原话,也就是说不会对课程和教学水平影响很大,说不定还有正面的影响呢。(当然totally个人意见!)

持续跟进新闻中~

同时收到ECE和CISE录取的人伤不起~~
11条回复