小白求助:OPT Extension不属于自动延期180天的category里面?

关于EAD过期OPT Extension Pending期间更新I9的方式,大家之前都默认为拿着receipt就可以,而且我也的确在uscis上看到了如下的支持性信息:
F-1 STEM OPT Extension

A foreign student who received a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (ice.gov) from an accredited studyinthestates.dhs.gov may apply for an extension of their OPT while in a period of post-completion OPT. STEM OPT students must work for an employer that is enrolled and in good standing with E-Verify. While a STEM OPT student may change employers, the new employer must be enrolled and in good standing with E-Verify before the student begins STEM OPT employment. EADs issued to F-1 STEM OPT students state “STU: STEM OPT ONLY.”

The following documents establish the student’s identity and employment authorization for Form I-9 purposes:

• Unexpired EAD (List A), or
  • Expired EAD presented with Form I-20 endorsed by the student’s Designated School Official (DSO)(List A). Note: this is acceptable for 180 days from the expiration date on the card and work authorization must be reverified after 180 days for employment to continue.

If the student presents an expired EAD and an endorsed Form I-20 as described above, the employer should enter the following information under List A in Section 2 of Form I-9:

• The EAD document title
  • The EAD document number
  • The date the EAD expired in the expiration date space, and
  • “180-day Ext.”

但是如果大家仔细看receipt,其实对于自动延期180天是有一个申请类别限定的:"Your EAD renew is under a category that is eligible for an automatic 180-day extension",根据下文的信息,我们的OPT Extension category C03C 并不属于自动延期范围内么。。?求大神解答,下周一要拿着过期的EAD,receipt和I-20去新东家入职了。。
[align="left"]Automatic Extensions Based on Timely Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766) Renewal Application[/align][align="left"]Foreign nationals in certain employment eligibility categories who file an EAD renewal application may receive automatic extensions of their expiring EAD for up to 180 days. The extension begins on the date the EAD expires and continues for up to 180 days unless the renewal application is denied. An automatic EAD extension depends on these requirements:[/align]
  • The employee must have timely filed an application to renew their EAD before it expires (except certain employees granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS)), and the application remains pending;
  • The eligibility category on the face of the EAD is the same eligibility category code on the Form I-797C Notice of Action, the employee received from USCIS indicating USCIS’s receipt of their renewal application (except employees with TPS who may have a C19/A12 combination); and
  • The eligibility category is listed on uscis.govas eligible for EAD automatic extensions. As of the date of publication of this M-274, Handbook for Employers, eligibility categories codes for a 180-day automatic extension are A03, A05, A07, A08, A10, C08, C09, C10, C16, C20, C22, C24, C31 and A12 or C19.
[align="left"]The employee’s expired EAD in combination with the Form I-797C Notice of Action showing that the EAD renewal application was timely filed and showing the same qualifying eligibility category as that on the expired EAD is an acceptable document for Form I-9. This document combination is considered an unexpired Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766) under List A.[/align]
9条回复