应同学的请求,写下托福听力的一点体会

xingguangqi
关于托福听力
我记得开始做托福题的时候,大体上的都可以听懂,但是很多细节听不太清,可是做题的正确率却很高,现在回想觉得ETS在听力中出题是有套路的,信息有主有次,可能我听到多为主要信息吧。先看这样一篇听力原文,是TPO中的第一篇。呃,直接跳过看后边的概述也行。
Student: Hi, um..., I really hope you can help me.
Librarian: That’s why I'm here. What can I do for you?
Student: I'm supposed to do a literature review for my psychology course, but um... having a hard time finding articles. I don't even know where to start looking.
Librarian: You said this is for your psychology course, right? So your focus is on ...
Student: Dream Interpretation.
Librarian: Well, you have a focus, so that's already a good start. Hmmm... well, there're a few things... oh wait... have you checked to see if your professor put any material for you to look at on reserve?
Student: Aha, that's one thing I did know to do. I just copied an article, but I still need three more on my topic from three different journals.
Librarian: Let's get you going on looking for those then. We have printed versions of twenty psychology journals in the Reference Section. These are the ones published within the last year. Then I think about it... There's a journal named Sleep and Dream.
Student: Oh, yeah, the article I just copied is from that journal, so I've got to look at other sources.
Librarian: Ok, actually, most of our materials are available electronically now. You can access psychology databases or electronic journals and articles through the library's computers, and if you want to search by title with the word 'dream' for example, just type it in and all the articles with 'dream' in the title will come up on the screen.
Student: Cool, that's great! Too bad I cannot do this from home.
Librarian: But you can. All of the library's databases and electronic sources can be accessed through any computer connected to the university network.
Student: Really?! I can't believe I didn't know that. It still sounds like it's going to take a while though, you know, going through all of that information, all of those sources.
Librarian: Maybe, but you already narrow your search down to articles on Dream Interpretation, so it shouldn't be too bad. And you probably notice that there's an abstract or summary at the top of the first page of the article you copied. When you go into the databases and electronic sources, you have the option to display the abstracts on the computer screen, skimming those to decide whether or not you want to read the whole article should cut down some time.
Student: Right, abstracts! They'll definitely make the project more durable. I guess I should try out the electronic search while I'm still here then, you know, just in case.
Librarian: Sure, er... that computer's free over there, and I'll be here till five this afternoon.
Student: Thanks, I feel a lot better about this assignment now.
用中文来概括一下这段对话:首先Student找不到她需要的材料,因此求助Librarian。Librarian询问了focus之后首先提出教授可能会put some material on reserve,然后student说她已经做过这个了。之后librarian告诉student在哪里可以找到一些psychology journals,并指出有一本名叫Sleep and Dream的书,student说她从这本书上抄的,得换一本抄。这时候librarian提出可以从电脑上获取信息,并且告诉Student她可以从家进入图书馆的library's databases。最后Student说虽然很好但是工作量还是很大,我看她丫的也够懒的,呵呵,然后Librarian告诉她可以看摘要。好吧,我承认我写的是流水账。
这篇属于conversation类,一种类型是一人有问题,一人给解决。个人理解ETS的考虑是,不管你到了美国能不能听懂所有东西,你有事找人帮忙人家给你的方案你得能听懂吧,不然怎么混下去。所以我在这里假设重要的信息就是一个人的问题,和另一个人给的解决。我把它们列出来:

问题一:找不到材料
解决一:教授可能会put some material on reserve
问题二:她已经做过这个了
解决二:一些psychology journals,有一本名叫Sleep and Dream的书
问题三:从这本书上抄过了,得换一本抄
解决三:可以从电脑上获取信息,从家里也可以
问题四:工作量还是很大
解决四:看摘要

这些是重要信息,其他如focus什么的都不是重要信息。这样听文章的思路也就清楚了,一个人一提出他有什么问题,就要集中精力,听另一个人怎么给的解释。看下边的题和选项,前三道题都是我所提到的有关解决问题的信息。第四题我觉得是一个简单的推理,没有用到文中的信息。第五题应该就很简单了吧。
这样我觉得做了一个初步的信息筛选,筛去一小部分不重要的信息。我觉得如果注意这些信息之间的逻辑联系,这些信息还是很容易记忆的。
1. Why does the student go to see the librarian?
To ask about how to look for resources for a class paper
2. What does the librarian say about the availability of journals and articles in the library?
Most of them are accessible in an electronic format
3. What does the librarian suggest the student should do to save time?
Read the summaries of the articles first
4. What can be inferred about why the woman decides to use the computer in the library?
She thinks she might need additional help from the man
5. Why does the woman say this?
She is surprised she was not aware of the information
当然还有其他类型的conversation,还有lecture。我写的这一篇只能概括很小的一个类型,就是问题解决型的,但是我觉得我能给出一个例子,其他不属于这个类型的你看哪些是重要的信息,哪些没什么用。我托福做题并不多,我给你的建议也是做一套题能有尽量大的收获吧,希望对你有帮助吧。
0条回复