【CS】我美国的表哥关于申请学校的建议,供参考

pf22099
我是准备申13fall的CS,前段时间关于选校的问题跟我表哥聊了聊,他在西雅图Amazon做软件开发,现在是主管,每年面试的人也不少,以下是他对我的一些选校的建议,供大家参考。

1,学校地理位置的因素对将来找工作影响很大吗?
I don't think so, especially right now. The IT job market in US currently is so hot, that all major IT companies are trying really hard to find talents. Many of them are even trying directly hiring from abroad, let alone different cities. Some small companies may want to hire locally because it is cheaper, but I doubt you would want to work for a small company that concerns about relocation cost anyway.

2,对于毕业后找工作,什么因素最重要?学校的排名对此是否有影响?
I think your personal skills, such as good foundation in data structures, algorithms, coding and object oriented design, are far more important than universities. Obviously if you graduated from a good university, it is more likely you will get through the first round of screening when looking for a job, but I don't think most companies look at more than the general ranking of the schools, and as long as the school is not extremely well known (Stanford/MIT/Berley etc) or extremely unheard of (ranking 100+), I don't think the rank matters that much.

3,听说去Syracuse很难找到工作,是这样吗?你面试应聘者时最看重的是什么?
. I have never heard such a thing about Syracuse CS graduates having a hard time finding jobs. I have interviewed a lot of people from much less well known schools, but if they are not hired it is only because they lack the skills we are looking for, and not for the schools they graduated from.
6条回复