托福备考作文

sjtuqyx
t116w30 G aw 5
贴上我准备托福时写的文章。。有需要的可以看看
[align="left"]1 Movies should be amusing or serious?.[/align][align="left"]People seldom form unanimous opinions, evenon minor issues like what should movies be like. Some people may argue that themost important thing for movies is to be amusing while others may argue thatmovies should be serious. As far as I am concerned, amusing movies are better.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Consider this example. You have worked hardfor a whole day and needs to see something funny, something that can relieveyour stress. Which one would you choose, an amusing movie or a serious movie?Not surprisingly, most people would prefer the amusing one. You can expectlaughter and comfort from the amusing one but you know that it may take you alot of effort to truly understand the serious one. Since you want to relaxyourself during the movie, there’s no reason for you to choose the serious one.This is actually a very common phenomenon. Nearly all of us have experiencedthis kind of choice. Based on my observation when I am in a cinema thinkingabout which movie to choose, most people make the same decision as I do, therelaxing one. After all, we tend to regard films as a way of entertainmentmore.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]In fact, it is not a necessary function ofmovies to convey some educational meanings. Various kinds of things are morecapable of doing that. Just take the most common one, books. People read booksmostly because they want to learn something from the book. I read the famousbook ‘the red and the black’ written by the French author Stendhal and Ienjoyed it because the story of Yulien Sohill’s fighting and struggling towardsfame and wealth has informed me of the darkness of the social conditions ofFrance at that time and I realized that lifting your spirits is more meaningfulthan a mere pursuit of fame and wealth. Because people want and expect to learnthings from books, they are in the status of thinking when reading books, whichin turn definitely makes reading books a better way to educate people.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Of course, some people may argue that itdoes no harm to include some educational elements in movies on the basis thatthe movies are not rendered boring and demanding, which I totally agree. But infact, even from those amusing things we can learn a lot if we want to. Andlearning from amusing movies is much more interesting since you are constantlylaughing. For example, we all know the Mr.Bean, a comedy. The ways in which helooks at things and thinks about things are very amusing but again, they areeducational too. How many of us are too anxious and nervous to focus on theemergent situation? But look at Mr.Bean! His way of optimistic and calm canteach you a lot. [/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Therefore, due to the aforementionedreasons, I think amusing movies are better and more desirable because they fitin with the expectations of people for movies and at the mean time we can betaught some simple but deep lessons. 26min[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]2It is easier to identify what types ofjobs are secure, successful ones in the past.[/align][align="left"]Is it easier to identify what types of jobsare secure and successful ones in the past? In response to this issue, we needto analyze this issue comprehensively from a dialectic perspective. As far as Iam concerned, I agree that modernization has rendered it more difficult toidentify secure and successful jobs.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Improvements and advancements in scienceand technology have brought us tremendous benefits but at the mean time alsoposed more challenges in front of us, one of which is to identify superiorjobs. We are now increasingly puzzled facing countless jobs because those newjobs created appear so fascinating to us but it is so hard to figure outwhether or not they are secure and successful ones. Take the example of pilots.When the job of pilots was created for the first time, it definitely soundedattractive. After all, if you can learn and master the skill of steering aplane, it was very likely that you would have a secure job since so few peoplecould do that. But what if people found airplanes too dangerous later anddecided that this should not be a way to carry people? We know from now thatairplanes are very safe and will become even safer in the future, yet it wasvery difficult to decide at that time. And we are more frequently faced withthis kind of dilemmas now with the rapid development in all aspects.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Besides, the job market is changing moreunpredictably and frequently nowadays due to various kinds of reasons like therelatively unstable economic conditions. Those jobs desperate for a largenumber of qualified people may be the ones that need few people in the future.Maybe they are superseded because computers can accomplish the same amount ofwork quicker and more cheaply. Maybe there is a financial crisis, there arejust fewer people who can afford the service. We just don’t know. Thoseunpredictable changes related to the market are not going to be stoppedaccording to human wills.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Also, the level of competition is muchhigher than ever before. People are generally wealthier so that more familiescan afford the tuition of university education, which in turn leads to theincrease in the number of graduates. With more graduates competing for similarjobs, it is not surprisingly that many graduates feel that although they havegot a certificate of high education, it offers little help. In my home country,this phenomenon is extremely notable in fields like computer science andaccounting.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Therefore, due to the aforementionedreasons, we can reach the conclusion safely that it is indeed more difficultnow to find jobs that are secure and successful than in the past. But this isan inevitable result as the society develops and we just have to adaptourselves to this situation and try our best to improve ourselves. 21min[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]3 Young people have no influence on thedecisions that determine the future of the society as a whole[/align][align="left"]Do young people have no influence on thedecisions that determine the future of the society as a whole? In response tothis issue, we need to analyze this issue comprehensively from a dialecticperspective. As far as I am concerned, young people do have great influence onthe future of our society and actually they are the hope of future prosperity.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]History is filled with examples thatinfluential and amazing discoveries were made by young people. Some of thosedecisions even had decisive roles in our devotion to science and technologies.Consider, for example, the discovery of the double-helical structure of DNA. Infact, this milestone in biology was built by two people, one of whom, Watsonwas only in his twenties at that time. This may sound unbelievable the firsttime you hear it since so many experienced professors couldn’t figure out a wayto clearly present the structure of the DNA to the world. But you will findthis acceptable once you know that he devoted himself to the research bothcreatively and diligently. And similarly, Newton came up with his theory ofgravity when he was only 24 years old.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Some people may argue that those examplesare not typical because scientists like Watson and Newton only make up anextremely tiny part of the young people at their time. But I maintain we cancome to the conclusion that young people can determine the future of a societyeven we do not consider these giants in science. Just imagine that the younggeneration stops learning and do not attend universities. What will happen? Fewwould deny that the country will be stagnant on the way of development incountless aspects, literature, math, physics, astronomy and the list will goon. It is only a matter of time that the country is eventually conquered byothers or becomes a puppet under others’ control. In short, young people arethe hope of any country, their healthy growth ensures the future prosperity.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]In fact, it is because we realize andrecognize the importance of young people that we establish so many universitiesand hire professors to provide education for them. We offer various kinds ofcourses to meet different needs from different students, to fit students ofdifferent levels. We provide facilities like libraries and high-grade gyms to ensurethat they can stay strong and healthy both physically and intellectually. Herein my home country, government sets aside a large amount of year every year toexpand high-quality education to reach more teenagers.[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]To sum up, due to the aforementionedreasons, we can reach the conclusion that young people do have influential andsometimes even decisive effects on the future of a society. It is our country’sduty to provide them with the resources they need and stimulate them to improvethemselves for the future of the country. 27min[/align][align="left"] [/align]
0条回复