独立写作真题求批改

zzg1993526
题目是It is impossible to always be completely honest with your friends.

Honesty might be regarded as one of the most important characters in a relationship between you and your friends and a person who has a reputation for honesty seems more likely to win the favor of others. Thus, when getting along with your friends, you may believe that you should always be completely honest with them. However, I think it is impossible to do so. Indeed, honesty would sometimes contribute to the relationships, but completely honesty also brings about a number of serious problems.

First, complete honesty is harmful to people's fundamental rights to privacy. Completely honesty means that nearly every secret is supposed to be shared, whether it is necessary or not. No one does not have a few secrets which he or she wants to conceal forever. If these secrets had nothing to do with others and just evoke oneself's embarrassment, why must they become overt? Even if in a most intimate relationship, it is necessary to leave some space for individual privacy, especially against the background of underlining the security of privacy in modern society. As an undergraduate, I have a right to choose my favorite electives and professors. There is a professor always be selected less in my institute. According to the investigation of the students who participated in his class, it is not because he is short of professional knowledge or teaching skills but resulted from his requirement of absolute honesty of his students. They claim that keep honest with the professor even on some frivolous affairs interrupt their sense of safety. Therefore, completely honesty might be detrimental to the fundamental right to privacy, which is essential to individuals.

Second, complete honesty is not always beneficial to your friends or the relationships with them. It might seem a contradiction to common sense that deceit also has advantages. However, in some cases, deceit truly plays an important role in solving problems. For instance, if a doctor told you that your friend got a serious disease and must keep emotional stability in order to recuperate, should you choose to tell your friend the truth or a transitory lie to keep him or her calm? I consider that the latter choice would be more in favor of the recovery. Thus, when complete honesty is not appropriate, a kind of ‘benign deceit’ would be a better choice.

Finally, in some situations, it is rather difficult to keep completely honest. If your friends involved in a conspiracy that is illegal or pernicious to the society, you should not be completely honest with him or her. Honesty could be regarded as a virtue only when it is favorable to the whole society; as long as it breaks this rule, it should no longer be known as merit. Therefore, in the situations above, honesty is not only a foolish conduct but also a sin that should not be applauded.

Consequently, though there are some benefits to be honest, I maintain that it is still impossible to always be completely honest with your friends. When you consider whether you should be honest with your friends in specific situations, the right of privacy, the benefit of your friends and the entire society should take into account. Honesty is meaningful only in this way.
3条回复