gap一年,拿了新的i-20,要不要再次重新签证

我是17年5月A校本科毕业的,离境快一年了。去年申请上了研究生并且转了service id到B学校,但是后来由于一些原因没去也没有拿B学校的i-20。B学校的国际部负责人给我发邮件说了把我的i-20completed了并且特意跟我说一定不要重新办f1签证要重新拿新的i-20不可以转了,记得交service fee。原文我附上给大家看。大家一起来琢磨一下。Your SEVIS record is completed so you will not be able to transfer it. You will get a new SEVIS record and new SEVIS ID when you get a new I-20 (from whichever school you decide to attend). This is why you will need to repay the SEVIS Fee.
I also should mention that representatives from the Customs and Border Protection (who inspect your documents at the Point of Entry) and Department of Homeland Security have confirmed with schools that a valid visa is valid until it expires, regardless of SEVIS record completion. However, in the past some students have asked their US Consulate/Embassy abroad and were told that they should apply for a new visa. This is not accurate and you do not need to apply for a new visa. I just want you to be aware in case you hear this conflicting information.
这个是我去年没去的B学校国际部负责人给我的原话。今年我申了C学校的硕士。
因为b学校的负责人的邮件,本来我很确定不要重新办签证直到我看到这两个网站,而且还是官网。现在我完全不知道该怎么办了。。。。网址是这个:ustraveldocs.com
studyinthestates.dhs.gov
感觉这两个网站的内容有矛盾,不知道是不是我哪里理解有问题。很纠结很纠结。。。。。。。。。
10条回复