OPT pending 期间回国的问题+timeline(有offer无EAD)

zoewong
关于OPT pending期间能否回国请教大家~~ 顺便报个timeline坐标:美东(回国的话进来应该也在这边)
进展:
Apr 23 Case was received
之后会继续更新求好运QVQ
=====
所以大家也看得出来这个卡是等不到了…五月份毕业和公司说最早七月中上岗,这个期间就很想回国。看论坛各种说法都有,成功经验也很多。

查了一下各个学校的说法也不知道能不能相信,我校的说法是就是最好别走。现在真的很困惑,就是理论上到底可不可以离开??诚心求建议。。顺祝大家求职毕业都好运气!

Goergia Tech:
oie.gatech.edu

Travel While OPT Application is Pending:[align="left"]According to Student Exchange Visitor Program’s guidance, students participating in post-completion OPT may travel abroad while the OPT application is pending. However, travel during this period of time should be undertaken with caution for the following reasons:[/align]
  1. If a request for more evidence (RFE) is issued by USCIS: An RFE requires immediate attention by the applicant.
  2. If the application is approved while the applicant is abroad, the student will be required to present the EAD upon return.
[align="left"]Students who decide to travel while the OPT application is pending are highly discouraged from leaving the U.S until the application has been received by USCIS and the I-797 receipt notice has been issued. Students should bring the receipt notice with them as proof that an application has been submitted. Although the receipt notice is a good substitution, admission into the U.S. is up to the discretion of the CBP officer, and there have been reports of students without their EAD work permit having problems at the port of entry.[/align]
Columbia:
isso.columbia.edu

[align="left"]We recommend that you avoid international travel before your OPT is approved. If there is a problem with your application USCIS will mail you a Request for Evidence (RFE) to your U.S. address. Even if a friend is checking your mail, you may have difficulty responding to the RFE in time. If you have to travel, you will need the following items when you return to the U.S.:[/align]

Unexpired passport
Unexpired F-1 visa (except for Canadians)
I-20 with OPT recommendation and an unexpired travel signature (signature valid for six months when on OPT)
I-797 USCIS receipt notice of your OPT application
If you have a job offer or interview appointments set up, bring a job offer letter or communication about interviews with you

1条回复