PS求打磨!!!/* VOLUME TWO*/

vito
[align="left"]Ihope to become a professional in electrical engineering, especially in thefield of digital design. Digital design in my eyes are not just about tapingout chips or floor planning PCB boards, but also represents broad applicationin all fields of industry, from telecommunication to image stream operations; fromcontrol core of small machines to automobile electronics. Hardware is like the basicmedium and executor between physical constraints and delicate methodology. Thatis why I am applying to your program XXXXX.[/align][align="left"]Ittook me quite some time in college to figure out what area in the future I wantto devout myself into. When I set my mind in electrical engineering, I tookextra courses in another campus 20 km away besidesmechanics, such as Digital Circuit, Synthesis Design of Integrated Circuit andSignals and Systems etc. While taking the synthesis course, I had difficulty inunderstanding the idea of using more buffers to disintegrate logic in order tosolve the problem of clock skew and their application in clock tree. I wroteseveral programs in Verilog, including an asynchronous FIFO memory which led toa perspective in comparison with mechanical systems: a signal is like a balltossed out with certain strength and sharpness, which will decay on the way ittransmits. Buffers can restore its behavior and smart placements of buffers candisintegrate logic clusters into smaller parts with little impact on signal behavior.What we need to do is to find the balance between attenuation influences andcell placements. This endeavor has provided me with a more direct understandingof how circuits work and a deeper grasp of the concepts in the digital design.[/align][align="left"]After attending the class inIC synthesis I come to know the world of VLSI and digital design. It is a morechallenging world yet more amazing and fascinating. So after I finished thecourse I took an internship with the professor in a project about highperformance GPU with embedded applications on mobile devices. I spent less thana week trying to understand the computer pipeline not as a user but as aserver. During the process of understanding the basic knowledge of pipelinedivision and graphic vertex and pixel operations, an idea came to my mind: ifthe depth-test process is placed before projection transformations, those dummydata could be removed to save hardware resources. Bearing this in mind Isearched for papers in architecture pipeline and later talked to my advisor. I alsotried a small model on an FPGA board but proved to be not that successful. Theresult and the feedback from other resources suggest that though a doubledepth-test may seem to be removing data, that process itself has extra area andelements cost. What is worse, the first depth-test is based upon projectionrelationship which means it could not be wired into hardware. From thatexperience I learned the balancing the tradeoffs between different needs andhow a design idea grows into a product.[/align][align="left"]I also took an internship inthe Chinese Academy of Railway Sciences and during which I gained a lot ofpractical experience. I was mainly in charge of algorithms implementation usingC++ in Linux. Early painful experience of programming in Visual C++ acceleratedmy pace of transferring to the Linux platform. From a Linux perspective thecomputer is more like a huge file tree so you can check nearly every corner of itas you wish. I also accumulated a set of developing environments during thatprocess. The algorithm I focused on was the Marching Cubes algorithm for visualizingscalar field. It took me less than one month to get myself familiar with thebasic graphics pipeline and openGL in detail. I started my prototype early tocreate a navigating scene, after that I made the core algorithms working after tracedand debugged a hidden floating point exception using gdb. That whole experiencesenriched my practical ability and get me to a deeper understanding of how acommand is compiled and executed and its implicit relationship to hardwaresettings.[/align][align="left"]Iam highly aware of your school for its XXXXXXXXXX. In the future I would liketo become a professional in digital design and ASIC and also having a broadknowledge on interactions between hardware and software. Technologies neverstop going and I really want to be into this huge stream.[/align][align="left"]
[/align][align="left"]唔....................申请的进度真是慢道家了.........................求拍求交流![/align]
2条回复