独立写作,第一次写,求狠狠的批改

薛猫G
题目:TPO41 T2
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teachers have been serving as a core role in the education of an individual since the occupation of the teacher emerged. However, as the society advances, teachers gradually lose their high social position and are not cherished nowadays compared to the past. From my perspective, several reasons contribute to this phenomenon.

To begin with, the abundant resources in the Internet undermine the functions of the teacher with regard to the imbibing of the knowledge. At present, there are plenty of materials, accurate and vivid, existing online. Individual do not have to seek for a teacher to learn something new. They can surf the Internet and study by themselves. Thus, the desire of teachers decreases and people do not respect and appreciate teacher as before. For example, once I learned STFT without consulting my DSP professor. Although the STFT is within the realm of my DSP professor, I study them totally from the WIKI. As a result, the importance of mt DSP professor is ebbing in my heart. This is how teachers lose their value and appreciation under the development of 38Internet.

Moreover, many high school students get access to the colleges which intend to cultivate them into teachers. But whether they are qualified remains a big question. In fact, as the number of students increases, it is hard for a college to improve, or even remain its original education level as before since the resources, in many aspects, are limited. Therefore, the qualities of many graduated teachers are become lower and people feel unhappy and no longer are willing to respect teachers as before. Take the senior high school I was in as an illustration. Many young teachers were showing a lack of professional practice and training in their areas. One of my English teachers even misspelled the word 'banana'. This astonished lots of my classmates and we felt upset and did not want to appreciate her as the same level as one very excellent Chinese teacher.

Frankly speaking, a small number of teachers become valued now. They reshape their teaching styles according to the need of students and advance of technology. Yet, they are rare and only likely to appear in some gigantic cities like Beijing or Shanghai, which can not turn over the main tendency.

To conclude, teachers nowadays become less appreciated and valued by the public than in the past. Two main reasons are showed in this essay and I urgently advocate the premium investigation in teachers to overturn this trend.
1条回复