大家拍拍我的PS呀! 只有540字左右,不会是“臭裹脚布”的 !

catchboy
Electromagnetics (E/M) has fascinated me years ago, because of a period of valuable experience of electronic design since I entered the university (UESTC). Serving as the chairman at Student Association of Science & Technology, I, together with my teammates, finished many projects in various fields: robotic, communication, RF circuits etc. At that time, I found E/M wave and field is so attractive because of its magic characteristics, concise form and ubiquity in electronic science.

To prepare myself for a career in E/M, I began with reading some of E/M reviews. I started designing micro-strip filter circuits with a postgraduate student. Improving the selectivity and miniaturization, I referred others’ structures; added extra folded branches and source-load coupling part and computed parameters with Matlab. From this project, I got to know micro-strip circuit deeply and handle HFSS well. And my second project is derived from interest to Terahertz technology, designing a brand new overmoded confocal converter which could potentially bring a revolution to gyrotron! And through every time of simulation and computation, I collected bulks of first-hand simulation results, proposed several better structures than the raw model from Prof. Fu and improved the converting efficiency remarkably. Now, encouraged by his remarks, I am still working on this topic by deducing the structure’s transfer equation then optimizing the parameters and publishing my results as my graduate project.

In addition, from the course Computational Electromagnetics (CEM), lectured by Prof Lai, I understand the importance of algorithms and programming in E/M and got many chances for firsthand practice such as programing MoM, FDTD, and Monte Carlo Method with Matlab to tackle E/M problems. To apply my CEM experience to practical level and broad my outlook into more E/M area, I have pursued research in inverse scattering and nondestructive detection. Learning optimization and functional analysis theory through postgraduate class and even some interesting interactions with Prof. Chen (from National University of Singapore)in email, I got to understand many cutting-edge papers and algorithms, and located point-like scatterers with his method in Matlab programing.

I have carefully considered and evaluated whether or not I should further my spiritual journey to a Ph.D. in Iowa State University. I decide to do so because I have already dedicated most of my undergraduate years to the academic pursuits with excitement. To develop this excitement to even more boundless progress, I am eager to further explore the issues in electromagnetics. And the most significantly is the strong expectation of my future career which could be full of challenges and uncertainties, leading a productive and passionate life. And XXX Univ’s emphasis on interdisciplinary research and its long history of working with industry makes the program unrivaled. I have a yearning for a position in the ECE department of XXX University experiencing the vibrant research-oriented culture.

I have followed the research done in Computational E/M and NDE at XX Univ closely, having recently been excited by the recent work on numerical analysis of wave propagation in metamaterials because of its potential applications in THz technology and synthesis with my background in CEM. I have also been interested in NDE due to the strong ability and long history in XXX Univ and development of EM into more wide area such as XX,XX,XX…

求建议呀, 顺问一下, 这是500字版的,如果要减到500字以下(减掉40+字)从哪方面减? 如果要加到800-1000,具体哪个部分加最有效呀(不废话)呀? 谢谢各位大大的好心~~!!!

祝各位飘过的富农都可以被offer雨砸晕,偶也
20条回复