UIUC math Waiting list

[align="left"]收到一封这样的邮件,应该是waitinglist,但是感觉很奇怪,邮件找不到收件人。[/align]
[align="left"]Dear Applicant:[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Here is the situation: [/align][align="left"]; We have made admission offers based on historic acceptance rates. [/align][align="left"]; If acceptances are lower than expected, then we will make additional offers in the week before April 15 (sometimes as late as April 14)[/align][align="left"]; If acceptances come in as expected, then we will make no further offers. [/align][align="left"]Everyone on the waitlist (yourself included) would succeed in our PhD program if admitted.[/align][align="left"]Nonetheless, the waitlist is rather long and the chance of receiving an offer is low. [/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Students who receive an offer off the waitlist share the following characteristics. They:[/align][align="left"]; possess a strong, specific interest in our program at the University of Illinois, [/align][align="left"]; respond to email promptly,[/align][align="left"]; are willing to wait until April 14 to receive an offer. [/align][align="left"]Action requested[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Please respond to this email by Friday March 8, 2019 with one of the following:[/align][align="left"]1 Please withdraw my application at Illinois.[/align][align="left"]2 Please keep me on the waitlist. I am specifically interested in the following areas or faculty members at Illinois: …….[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]If we do not hear from you then we will assume you have other plans, and your PhD application will be declined. [/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Best wishes, and good luck,[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]Lee DeVille[/align]
4条回复