看了三遍邮件,貌似是个AD吧~ ScM Biostat @ Brown (补充一点小秘回复的项目信息)

typical_libra
早上起来刷到邮件:

I have attached a letter from Dr. Christopher Schmid regarding our intent to offer you a position in our Biostatistics ScM Program.
Congratulations! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Preview

额,图片貌似看不清,大意是正式录取要等grad school发,然后之后会通知partial tuition scholarship award~

结束三无,安心做毕设,安心复习专八~~~

发邮件问出一点项目信息,黑色是问题,红色是回复,括号里附上一点理解,求鉴定,轻拍~

1) Class Size

How many students do you plan to admit 2013 Fall? I noticed that the website says about 10 offers are made each year. Just to confirm whether it is also the case this year.

Last year we admitted 11 first year masters students and we estimate admitting more this year, but we do not have a definite number.
(我的理解是:去年ScM+AM一共11个,貌似今年扩招了,具体数字估计ddl之后那批发完才有)

2) Course Registration

Can ScM students register for courses offered by other schools and department? I believe that the study of humanities offers perspecitves to deal with almost any problem in life. Personally I gained a lot in the philosophy course I took at Harvard last summer.

If you desire to take additional courses outside of the program requirements, you would need to discuss this with your advisor once you are admitted and get permission from him/her.

4) Graduate Replacement

Do you have a track of previous graduate students? What kind of jobs did previous graduates find in the job market? Did any ScM graduates continue to pursue a PhD in biostatistics? If yes, what schools did they get in?

We are in the process of updating our alumni database and I do not have those statistics at hand at the moment. We do have a number of ScM graduates who pursued a PhD here at Brown University. I apologize for not having a detailed answer to your question at my fingertips, but you may access our handbook online at the following site, which lists some of our previous alumni and their current positions: brown.edu

5) Tuition Fee and Financial Aid

I did not find much information about cost of attendence here. brown.edu.

What is the cost of attendence at Brown? Are ScM students charged according to the number of credits? If I take more courses, does it mean that I need to pay more?

For now, I will give you a tuition breakdown of costs from last year. This year's costs will vary slightly, but have not yet been finalized. Generally, our admitted masters students receive approximately 25% scholarship tuition coverage, but this can vary from student to student. (这个vary是指会多还是会少?)

[align="center"]Biostats Masters Tuition Costs & Financial Aid Breakdown List for2012-2013[/align][align="left"]Biostats Am/ScM Program = 3 courses per semester (一学期三门课咩?如果是,貌似比较轻松==)
[/align][align="left"]Cost of tuition for one course: $5,351[/align][align="left"]Cost of tuition for one semester: $16,053[/align][align="left"]Cost of tuition for one year: $32,106
[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]For 25% students[/align][align="left"]Amount of aid for one semester: $4,013.25[/align][align="left"]Amount of aid for one year: $8,026.50[/align][align="left"]
[/align][align="left"]We are still in the process of deciding on cost/credit for our students, as the program is currently growing and experiencing changes. Thank you for your patience as we finalize these figures for the coming year.
[/align]

How much tuition can be covered by the tuition scholarship award? Are there any TA/RA positions? How many research apprenticeships are offered?

Every year, there are one or two research assistantship positions available, but those are not identified at present. It is expected that most of our incoming masters students will be assisted to find paid internship positions to assist in tuition coverage. These opportunities are being researched at present, and again, I appreciate your patience until I can provide you with more accurate information.
65条回复