收了个AD 有点奇葩

piccolo123
上周五申请的学校,这周三那个AD。也太快了。学校是正规的,在national ranking上,然后就是地理位置实在是太偏,都比不上达科塔。申请前director告诉我大多数人都有RA,然后,今天收到的Letter上好像委婉的告诉我,第二年才有可能。估计和我不是CS专业有关。然后就是letter上居然没有要签名的地方,真的有点奇葩。不知道如何回复是好?去那种偏僻的地方,没奖真的没意思了。
The typical graduate course load is nine (9) Computer Science credits each semester in order to ensure completion of the program in a timely manner. Unless and until you reach an agreement to serve as a Research Assistant with a CS faculty member, I will serve as your official advisor. In that role, I will assist in planning your program of study once you have accepted admission in the program. Please arrange a time to meet with me prior to enrolling in courses for the Fall semester. I am happy to meet via phone or video conference to address any questions you may
have. We look forward to having you join the Department of Computer Science graduate program.

邮件里是这么说的: As a side note: you have mentioned me as a possible research mentor. I am not currently seeking additional students in my lab, and do not currently have funding for such students ... but I am happy to discuss research with you, to see if there is a reasonable path forward.

然后他网站上写自己18年拿了3.2m的funding。这个钱在一般的学校里面试够多的了吧。我感觉就是明显不想掏钱的。
1条回复