某封信的节选

iq28
我这个圈子(photovoltaics)内的故事,给大家分享一下。XU某名为CE的实验室的一学生询问想以Master毕业走人,某个人给他的回复。节选里面提到的学校和Dr.某某都是业内有名的someone。

自己的感觉就是美国的学术工业界,同样理清人际关系极其重要。浪大水深之处大家自己小马过河还是得小心为妙。

不过还是要声明一句,本贴纯属虚构,大家明白就好。

You have 0 chance to leave as a Master, believe me... If you join in CE, you need a person as your PhD advisor and pay you. Your only choice is Dr.B. The reason I left with MS is I only worked at CE and my advisor at the time being was Dr. C who had 50 million money in hand. Every one HAD to show his respect.

Dr. B personally thinks CE is dedicating to educate next generation solar scholars (with PhD of course). You want to quit as a MS, you can go. However, do not even think of getting any refer or recommendation from him or any one in that damn building. And you'd better stay out of solar society. It is a very small society. Every one knows each other. NO ONE wants to hire a guy pissed off Dr.B, and may be Dr. S.

But you still get a chance. Dr.A@Caltech is a new star. He does not give shit to any solar guy since Caltech is the best as he thinks. But others...ASU...Dr. C came there from XU... Dr.A, he was the PI of Dr.C's project... For UT...The Chinese guy now is with Y company and does not recruit students any more...USF, works very closely with X group at CE, ...Gatech, Dr.C was there before she joined UX...very close cooperation with CE at XU ....all universities at Colorado....they cooperated with CE EVEN BEFORE the establishment of NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory)

Then what left?
5条回复