关于withdraw,大神们请看,据说标题一定要长。。。。。。版主能置顶吗版主真负责给力

熊仔饼
不知道发哪好,还请版主帮忙。(大神们复制粘贴点个发送?)

已经3月初了,想必很多申请者已经拿到了不错的offerad,但是同时还有部分申请者仍然一所所获、焦头烂额,这些都是正常的情况。本屌丝的理念是,对于offerad,一个理想的就够了,多了没有任何意义。在此,本屌丝希望倡导大家如果已经有了不错的offer或者ad,请把剩下不会考虑的学校项目的申请退掉。等以后再来了更好的offerad,尽快做出选择,把不去的拒掉。本屌丝认为这样的行为是利人利己且非常高尚的,值得膜拜Orz。本屌丝谢谢并希望能代替其余屌丝谢谢诸路大神。
[align="left"]由于不少申请者对于withdraw不太熟悉,下面参考“北大飞跃手册”给出一封撤掉申请的邮件模板。Withdraw虽然不可以免掉申请费,但是可避免不必要的竞争,特别是对于master的申请。如何拒绝offer,就参考下面的改一下就行了。[/align]
[align="left"]几点说明:[/align][align="left"]1. 如果只是不知道结果,单纯withdraw那么这个基本上可以照搬。[/align][align="left"]2. 如果是想推荐别人,对于PhD的申请,最好先了解下被推荐人是否在waiting list上,如果在的话,再推荐,否则不太礼貌;对于master的推荐,可以直接尝试推荐(具体效果怎样,不甚清楚)。尤其注意说话的修辞,学校被你拒了,对他们也不是一件好事[/align]
[align="left"]Dear Committee Members, [/align]
I am an applicant to your Master programin ***** (申请的项目PhD 或者Masterfor the fall of 2013. (Name: ****, Date of Birth: ****) I am deeply sorry that I have to withdraw my application, because I have already received several offers up to now, and almost decide to accept one of them. ****, including the world-class groups in ***(申请的学校学院课题组), is still a perfect institution for me, but I do not think it is appropriate to take up your precious time and effort in evaluating my application in this case. And I think that it will be inconvenient for other applicants if I am still on your list.

I am confident that your department will be very successful in recruiting new students. Also, I hope that you could give favorable considerations to other Chinese applicants, especially those from *** University(造福本校学生), which is the best university in China.

PS: Please forgive my rudeness. I don’t know which person I should contact, so I’m writing to you. If you are not in charge of this affair, please inform the right person.(为了让小米把邮件forward给管事的人)

Very Sincerely,
[align="left"]XXX(大神们请附上大名)[/align]
以上内容和说法,要是有不正确的或值得商讨的地方,还请各路大神指正。

PPS:关于怎么拒掉offer,本屌丝确实不是特别懂,因为还没收到过。据说有不确认去填表格的,还有就是直接跟老师说自己不去了。另外如果是和学院联系据掉offer的话参考withdraw的就行了吧,说自己已经收到其他的offer了。“北大飞跃手册”上拒掉offer的信是这样的
Dear Professor,

I feel grateful for your providing me an offer to your honored University, but I have accepted the offer from another university, and I am afraid that I couldn't go to your University. Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

由于一般PhD的offer有接受的截止日期和相关协议,大家应该都知道拒掉。而master的ad一般无所谓,这个withdraw针对master更有必要吧。不对的话请指正
85条回复