12/6/2019 圣诞前的温哥华H1B首签总结

Fireleg
背景:H1B CP (consular processing),持有新旧两份护照,加拿大入境签证在旧护照上,H1B stamp需要在新护照上。

Timeline:
12/5: 在ceac.state.gov上查到了case number,以及显示的是case accepted.
12/6 (周五): 面签。白人女面试官,人很Nice。问了我一些基本信息,公司名称,职位及职责,最高教育背景,年薪。然后跟我说,你知道SEVIS这个东西吧?这东西经常很confusing,我需要大概一天时间process一下。然后给了我一张单子,接着跟我说,这个上面是补充材料,但是你什么都不用提交,回去等着就行,一周内你应该就能拿到护照。下午我的case被update成了AP。
12/9 (周一): 我的case有一个新的update,但是仍然是AP。
12/10 (周二): issued。
小姐姐果然诚不欺我!

总结一下我自己在整个过程中遇到的疑问以及自己的理解,仅代表个人观点:
Q1. 我的797上写了consulate是Beijing,是否表示必须要去北京面签?
A: 否
Q2: 新护照上没有加拿大入境签证,旧护照上的加拿大签证没有expire,是否需要重新申请加拿大签证?
A: 否
Q3: 填完DS160以后,发现所选的location在预期的时间内没有available的面签时间,是否可以约其他地方面签但不重新填写DS160?
A: 可以。一下是我在US官方Travel.stat.gov上找到的解答 (travel.state.gov)
"What happens to my DS-160 if I select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate where I will be applying for my visa, but end up making an interview appointment instead at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate?
The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application."
Q4: 在”travel from other country for visa“这个问题上可不可以选No?
A: 我选的No,根据我本人的经历以及地里众多面签帖来看,这个操作是可以的。在我排队的时候,有一个officer来问了我是否在加拿大居住/工作/学习,我诚实回答了是Visitor,也没有什么问题。
Q5:如果case第二次被update,虽然是AP,但是否表示快要被issued了?
A: 我觉得是的,这是一个strong signal。

希望对大家有所帮助!Good luck!
2条回复