Tips for Completing PhD

stephanielfy
A professor in CS in UNC wrote a graduate school guide. It can be applied to PHD in other field as well. After I read it, I feel it is quite useful. Here is the link below:
cs.unc.edu

Some of the quotes from the article:

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."
    - Chinese proverb

"Being a graduate student is like becoming all of the Seven Dwarves. In the beginning you're Dopey and Bashful. In the middle, you are usually sick (Sneezy), tired (Sleepy), and irritable (Grumpy). But at the end, they call you Doc, and then you're Happy."
- yours truly

The IQ test was invented to predict academic performance, nothing else. If we wanted something that would predict life success, we'd have to invent another test completely."
- Robert Zajonc

"The difference between people who exercise initiative and those who don't is literally the difference between night and day. I'm not talking about a 25 to 50 percent difference in effectiveness; I'm talking about a 5000-plus percent difference, particularly if they are smart, aware, and sensitive to others."
- Stephen R. Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Time management skills by Randy Pausch @CMU

alice.org

地里有人推荐过一本时间管理很好的书:how to 个get control your time and your life by alan laiken. 我从网上下载下来,读了一遍,觉得不错,非常推荐

10条回复