umich ece最新defer政策

JLUPking
作为一个低托福选手,把Umich作为了我的彩票校,它也是我美国来的第一个录取,于是乎直接在我焦虑的等待结果过程中,打了一剂强心剂。看到网上大家说UMich的defer政策不友好,所以我自己发邮件问了情况:学校对于政策也很模糊,感觉态度确实很诚恳了,但是学校也不是最终决策者,也是一种很无奈的态度。作为转码选手感觉自己大概率决定Defer了所以也大概率不会选择umich了,便想分享一下ece的回信然后给地里纠结去不去的朋友有个选择
提问大概是:Q: Thanks a lot for your email! As you mentioned, recently I learned that students who want to study abroad have some difficulty in making the embassy appointment for student visa in China. Considering this situation, combining with the time difference between China and the USA, I want to confirm if I can defer to winter 2021 term?

What's more, if learning online, maybe I cannot fully experience the campus life and make use of the campus resources of University of Michigan. So I am so sorry to say that I cannot accept the online learning. By the way, what is the tuition of online learning? Is it the same as the one of on-campus learning?
Thanks a lot for your patience and kindly help!

A: Thank you for your email. With Fall 2021 admissions, at this time we will not be doing deferrals, but we would welcome students to reapply for the Fall 2021 if that was the best option for them.

We are still reviewing all the information for the upcoming year as many things are still being reviewed as the dynamics of COVID are ever-changing. With regards to tuition, this is decided at a University level instead of College or Department. Due to this, I fear we would not receive tuition information for 2020-21 until later this summer. With regards to CPT, currently I do fear that starting remotely in the Fall or in person in the Winter, then CPT would not be available, however on campus employment can be possible. With UM having the University Hospital, in the past we have seen students complete work there in engineering roles, or working with faculty on research. These opportunities are not guaranteed but could be an option to look into on umjobs.org. Other on campus work could include grading or other temp positions that are posted throughout the year by faculty. Students who are able to receive their view usually within 3 weeks from classes starting are able to still join campus and CPT should then be available. CPT rules are federal government level and would be the same throughout the US.

However, the reason we do encourage to wait until July to make your decisions is that there are people in the US advocating for ease of requirements regarding CPT if students are remote in the Fall. While we are unsure of the requests and if they will be approved, we want to ensure you do have the information you need before making your decisions.

I would to continue to proceed as normal with regards to the immigration financial documents, and registering for classes. In July I will be reaching out to confirm what information is available so you are able to determine what would be best for you.

又发了邮件,告诉我可以免费上ELI在线语言课程在夏天,提升英语交流写作能力,以便于更好适应在美国的生活。
看地里大家都在劝退Umich,但是感觉学校也挺无奈的,所以还是想夸一下学校的态度。
8条回复