人参有点神奇,以为尘埃已定的时候又来一个AD

zhengyueshi
人参真的很神奇,我就是上次被拒的惨不忍睹然后被Uconn治愈了的家伙,没错,就是我。先说一句,由于粘贴了录取信的内容,如果有人太长不看的话,请一定要看一下最底下我的一点分析,然后给我一点意见安安心吧,拜谢了!

本来以为就是这样了,无意中凑数申请的学校成了最后的稻草,结果今天女朋友上网的时候不小心登了我邮箱,居然发现了一封录取。打开一看是石溪的,不像Uconn把录取伪装的像一封据信一样让我自己去网申系统里面收获惊喜,石溪直接是一封长而热情的录取,相关的信息也给的很丰富,不得不说令人感动。我就简单粘贴一下:
Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to offer you admission to pursue full time graduate study towards the Masters degree in the Applied Mathematics and Statistics Program at Stony Brook University beginning with the Fall 2013 semester. We are glad you elected to apply to Stony Brook and believe that you will be very satisfied with both the academic and social climate here. We feel that your presence will contribute to our well-established reputation for excellence in graduate education.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial support at the Masters Level. As an international applicant, you will need to complete a request for certificate of eligibility (I-20) and declaration and certification of finances forms. If you will be supported by a sponsor, the sponsor will have to fill out an affidavit of support. The certificate of eligibility will be issued only after you have properly completed and returned these forms with all requested original documents verifying that you have adequate financial resources to meet your expenses during the ENTIRE period of your anticipated study in the United States of America.

The minimum total IBT score for Masters admission is 85. If your native language is not English and you submitted a TOEFL score below the minimum, you will be required to retake the IBT exam and achieve at least the minimum score before your admission can be cleared by the graduate school. If you are an international applicant that will be receiving a degree from an English-Speaking Institution we will request a waiver for your TOEFL score, but please be advised that if you transfer into the Doctoral Program in a future semester, you will be required to take the TOEFL exam in order to determine your spoken English Proficiency.

We would appreciate knowing your decision as soon as possible (to minimize any risk of delays in processing your immigration documents) but not later than May 15,2013. If you fail to respond by this date, we will assume that you have declined our offer. If you choose to accept our offer, I will email you an official offer letter and further instructions regarding how to request your I-20. This offer reflects our high opinion of your academic abilities. We hope that you will accept.

Please check one and reply by email by May 15, 2013:

____ I am interested in receiving an offer of admission without financial support to the Masters Program.

____ I am not interested in receiving an offer of admission without financial support to the Masters Program.

然后是我的一点分析。虽然我基本定了是去Uconn了,但是还是想请教一下大家的意见。
我个人的总结是。Uconn:专排40多点,还比较凑合,转PHD只要好好学习GPA高的话貌似不难。缺点是学费生活费会稍贵,然后在国内好像没什么名气,地里就较少提及了,周围人更是没听过。
然后sb:好像没上专排,但意外的名声似乎不错的样子?在地里好像被提及的次数不小。物价水平大纽约想必更贵,但地理位置对比uconn的大农村还是要优越一些。
由于我以后主要是想接着读PHD,可能的话还是想去更好一点的学校,当然也不排除找工作,所以疑惑是否作为SUNY之一,石溪的学术声誉和学术氛围比Uconn会好一些?对于继续申请或转本校PHD更有帮助?仅从一封邮件来看,石溪可能比Uconn对ms学生更加nice一点,当然这只是表象。。。。再加上地理位置的因素,是否值得放弃Uconn呢?
坐等各位大神指点,再次拜谢。最后感叹一句,虽然这两所学校都不是什么牛校了,但是也造成了一种“我也可以挑学校了啊!”的假象,人参再次很奇妙了啊~~~~

36条回复