ISSUE-81(parents volunteer)

oliviahuang
求重拍!

81/95.All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position,describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

提纲:
+:
1. 父母能更加了解孩子的学习情况和心理状态,这样有利于双方的交流;
2. 更好地对学校的教育进行监管,以便提出自己的意见;
-:
1.可行性:不一定都有时间、精力来参与;
以什么样的方式volunteer?
Required by who?比较难管理;
2.校园应该是一个孩子们独立于家庭之外的自由天地,他们在这里学会自己处理事情,最终养成性格。家长可能会无法控制地对孩子的行为进行评价或者矫正,这样会剥脱孩子犯错误的机会,从而影响孩子独立思考解决问题的能力。

校也有自己的教育方式,这些方式可能不会被所有家长接受,也不是所有老师都让家长们满意,而教育者与受教育者的关系往往需要他们自己来协调,如有成就的运动员往往有一个很严苛的教练,在家长眼中残酷的训练,最终让运动员功成名就,并对教练感恩戴德。

家长在学校会给孩子带来压力,孩子可能会因为怕让家长不满意而束手束脚;同样地,每个家长会成为孩子们的评价对象;青春期叛逆期的孩子会反感,激化矛盾。

合:
总的来说,学校对一定年龄的孩子来说代表着几乎家庭以外所有的教育。家长对孩子的教育置身事外肯定是不可取的,但是应该多大程度上参与在学校的教育,我觉得是要根据个人情况而定。有的家庭一贯养成民主的氛围,家长从小鼓励孩子与他们交流,这种交流不仅不会使孩子反感,反而让父母与孩子之间的联系十分紧密,这样的父母参与学校的教育可能正面效果会多一些。而有一些家庭父母与孩子的关系并不是那么地亲密,孩子并不愿意与父母分享他们的生活,父母们也情愿孩子独当一面,对他们来说,题设措施的负面影响可能会多一些。所以我认为折中方案(尤其对于初高中生这样年纪比较大的孩子)是由父母和孩子自己决定要不要volunteer,这样给他们更多选择性更有利于孩子的成长。

The speaker thinks that all parents must volunteer time to their children’s schools. It is not difficult to picture a harmonious scene where parents and children spend valuable time in the school.Parents’ voluntary time is a impactful way for bonding and supervision. Nonetheless, is it realistic for all family? My points of contention with the speaker involves the feasibility and implicaitons of the suggestion.

Parents can be profoundly involved in their children’s education when volunteer to the place where they spend most of their time. First of all, better understanding can foster better communication. After direct accessed to their children’s conversation with their peers, the music or stars children are obsessed with may not seem that ridiculous. In addition, schools will be supervised. Parents’ presence is an effective way to prevent teacher’s mistakes like physical punishment or prejudice from happening. Also, school can collect candid advice from parents, after all ,no one can be more concerns of children’s benefits except for their own parents.

However, the smooth conduction of the suggestion needs a system agrees with every parent’s schedule;on the other hand,compulsory volunteering means that parents have to spare time from their work ,which could increase their burden.Those two reasons can lead to lack of focus,both from school and parents, on children.

When parents do go volunteer in school,children and themselves may find it not that pleasant.I think school is the most primary place where children are educated outside their home.It is a place that children can argue with their teachers,joke with their peers,without their parents’ watching.From what I have seen and experienced, children,especially rebellious teenagers,do not want to share their campus life with their parents. Parents criticize children for their behaviors and children holds grudge,so parents’ appearance in school could exacerbate the discord between family members.

It may also deprive teachers of their license to choose the most suitable way to educate.Thanks to famous coach Omatsu Hirofum’s cruel way of training, Japanese female volleyball team gained 157 triumph in a roll, which is a global record till today.Successful coaches usually are harsh to their athletes, because idleness is a part of human nature and high requirement is a impactful way to control it. How to solve the divergence between educators and parents ? I think abundant room should be bestowe on professinals in school.

While it is well-intended for the speakers to advise that voluntary time from parents is indispensable,I find it hard to conclude that the advantages is outweigh the disadvantages, since different family have different situation. Admittedly,parents do need to occasionally visit the school so that they can be fully informed of their children’s education status.So I think a selective voluntary program provided by school is a flexible alternative.

谢谢费心了~
6条回复