要推荐信的信

lemonsong
(麻烦版主把前面的帖子删了,链接没有弄成功)

估计同学们逐渐都在弄推荐信了……楼主把自己当初一头雾水时搜索粘贴的有用的东西放上来了

第一部分 要推荐信 主要介绍了推荐信的一些流程和应该注意的地方
第二部分 要推荐信的信 是国外网站上讲的发邮件给老师要推荐信该怎么写(针对中国情况下出国人数较少院系的老师,应该插入一段给老师讲需要他做什么的段落)

心得:

• 发邮件给老师请求写推荐信的,最好都写得详细诚恳一些,体现态度。
  • 虽然感觉只是签字的做法有点水,不过感觉还是很方面申请的,当然和老师交流的过程中多多表达自己的意愿,这样老师也比较重视,方便以后快速提交。
  • 要推荐信的信里表达出按老师方便的做法做的意思。

不过LZ也只是今年申请,摸索ing……
{:4_107:}求积分……都不敢搜索了,好多精华帖看不了……

=========================

[align="left"]1.准备详实的个人材料夹 [/align][align="left"]教授写好一封推荐信,需要你提供详实的个人材料。即使在一所很小的大学里,每个教授一学期要教许多学生。如果教授从你那仅能得到成绩单,那么在推荐信中他只能提到你这几年的学习成绩。如果你希望得到一封优秀的推荐信,你就需要整理自己的个人材料,准备一个详尽的文件夹,并清楚的标明你的全名。你的个人材料文件夹需要包括以下材料: [/align][align="left"]你的成绩单(如果GPA在3.0至4.0之间,当然不错。) [/align][align="left"]简历(一页)。你的简历应突出你所做的义工,和你选修的与申请的大学有关的课程。这样,你的教授便会较全面的了解你。如果这些他们都知道,那就再提醒他们一次。 [/align][align="left"]其他与之相关的表格等等,你都需要一并把他们放入相应的贴好邮票的信封内。 [/align][align="left"]如果可能的话,最好附上官方的成绩单。 [/align][align="left"]另外,别忘了写你自己的个人陈述和学业目标(半页纸)。听起来有点俗,仔细想想。教授们喜欢有远大志向的学生。简单的说,一个学生如果没有明确的方向,会给你的教授留下非常坏的印象。如果没有具体的实施步骤,也许你的教授会认为你还没有为将来的学习作好准备。 [/align][align="left"]2.预约见面 [/align]
[align="left"]在信发出前的两周,与你的教授预约依次简短会面,谈论一下推荐信的事情。一定要提前5分钟到达,并且着装要整洁。不必穿正装,但是一定要让别人看起来很舒服。从你的着装表明你要谈较正式的问题。 [/align][align="left"]同时,为你这次谈话作好充分准备。怎样谈论你将来的计划,哪些是你学术上或者个人的擅长,这些可以帮你实现你的目标。哪些是有可能阻挡你实现目标的障碍?如果遇到障碍,你有哪些计划来克服困难?总之,要把这次会谈当作一次面试。让教授了解你为自己设置的目标,你的个人计划,当然不必谈你为达到目标已经取得了多大的成功。 [/align][align="left"]最后,一定要避免在课上或者课后来讨论你的推荐信。无论如何,不能在信发出之前一天,把材料塞到教授手中。 你很忙?你的教授也忙。急匆匆写就的推荐信,不会太好。 [/align][align="left"]3.作好调研工作 [/align][align="left"]一定要提前研究你所申请的公司或者学校。这样不仅会有利于你的应试申请,而且也向你的教授表明你对于那份工作或者那所大学是认真的。你想去的公司文化怎样?你想就读的大学学术氛围如何?这些公司或者学校的竞争程度、属于传统型,还是创新型?学者们喜欢那些知道应该谈论什么的人。 [/align][align="left"]4.征求建议 [/align][align="left"]征求导师对于你职业或者学业的建议,这样你会把你们的关系拉近距离。大多数导师喜欢谈论他们自己领域的事情。事实上,他们很难发现人们是否真的对他们的学术领域感兴趣。举个例子,你对英国文学非常感兴趣,这将会使一些英语教授感到高兴。反过来说,许多商业公司的职员会为你骄傲,当你告诉他们你是如何想毕业后在商业领域里发展自己的事业。另外,如果你真的对某教授的课程感兴趣,一定要告诉他,告诉他你是如何被吸引的。 [/align][align="left"]5.学习他人 [/align][align="left"]谈谈你是如何从你的朋友或者相关专业的毕业生那学到的经验,学习他人也是大学教育的一个重要组成部分。你避免了哪些错误? 为什么你的朋友作对了?需要记住的是,大学是学习的经历。没有必要惧怕谈到自己所犯的错误。谈谈你班里班外的同学是如何学习的,学习他人,将给你带来无穷益处。 [/align][align="left"]6.发致谢涵 [/align]
[align="left"]写推荐信是教授的工作中的一部分,但是教授不是奴隶。在会面之后,发一封感谢信给你的教授。致谢涵一定要礼貌的、感激的表达你的心声,同时不要忘记告诉教授推荐信你已经发出了。 [/align][align="left"]人们不可避免的在第一次作事时犯一些错误,申请入大学或者申请一份工作时也不例外。尽管你没有4.0 GPA, 但是你仍然可以在成熟、责任感、雄心和良好的风度方面排在前列。你的推荐信成功的向你的雇主或者大学长官传达了这一信息。当然这取决于你如何向你的推荐人成功的展现你的能力和个人资质[/align]
[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.sharewithu.com/thread-414731-1-1.html> [/align][align="left"]二、请人写推荐信应注意的问题[/align][align="left"]在请人写推荐信时要遵循有两条原则:要早一些,要周到一些。[/align][align="left"]一旦申请人决定申请商业学校,就应当开始物色推荐人,并且让他们知到你可能请他们些写推荐信。这样可以给他们充分时间考虑如何去写。一旦他们同意,就应当适当提前把截至日期告诉他们,以免延误时间。时间越充分,推荐信就会写得越好。所谓“周到一些”就是让他们感到申请人对他们的意见很重视,而且如果他们答应推荐的话,申请人将会视为幸事。 [/align]
[align="left"]*** [/align]
[align="left"]要帮助他们了解申请人[/align][align="left"]为了使推荐人能够写出一封有说服力的高质量的信,申请人应当让推荐人对他的个人目标与学习目标有充分了解。明确地把申请该学科的原因告诉推荐人有一定好处。这可使他们在推荐信中强调说明申请人能够适应这一学科的理由。如果申请人要求推荐人为其申请补充一些专门内容,务必要向他说清楚,特别是当学校对这些内容感兴趣时,更应如此。 [/align]
[align="left"]*** [/align]
[align="left"]机密性[/align][align="left"]关于推荐信的最后一个问题是机密性问题。申请人需要决定是否放弃阅读为他所写的推荐信的权利。许多推荐人只写保密信件。除非申请人有严重的隐衷,一般应放弃这个权利。有些学校要求推荐信保密,所以要密切注意每个学校的要求。[/align][align="left"]三、要便于推荐人操作[/align][align="left"]申请人应事先将各种材料和信息组织好,尽量让推荐人在写信时方便一些。务必把所需的全部表格和说明备齐,并为每一封信备好一个贴好邮票、写好地址的信封。如果学校使用推荐表格,请找出在信笺的上部的信是否可以代替这个表格。大多数学校都接受信件,但也有许多学校要求推荐人说明表格中的一些专门问题并且要求推荐人把正式信函连同这份表格一起寄回。有些学校给推荐人提供一张确认卡,要求推荐人在回信时寄回。在申请人把信封交给推荐人时,务必注意地址与邮资正确无误。这些事情将会表明申请人办事态度认真并能使材料顺利地寄到学校。[/align][align="left"]除了所需的材料本身,在递交推荐信时最好附上一份申请人的背景材料书面摘要、一份最近的个人简历和申请短文。为了使他们记住申请人取得的成就的细节,他们过去所发的所有的书面反应复印件都可能有用。申请人应先把推荐表格或提出的问题阅读一遍,然后再把它们交给推荐人,这样可使申请人知到什么样的材料有用处。向推荐人提供申请人受雇的确切日期或专门课程的名称,可以避免他们耗费时间查找资料或者单纯依靠记忆出现差错。[/align][align="left"]在申请手续完全由申请人自己包办时,推荐人将会把推荐信装在一个密封的信封中返还给申请人,由申请人把它连同其余申请材料一起提交。这时,申请人应随时了解推荐人何时能够把信写好、是否都已完成。如果在临近申请截至日期时还缺一封信,就应当催促推荐人快些办理——但要注意礼貌,谨慎从事。如果有的推荐人曾经答应给写,但在截至日期已经逼近时尚未完成,而且即使在申请人事先通知他之后仍然不能完成,申请人可以向学校问明缺少一封信是否可以呈交申请。但是一般来说,材料(包括全部所需的推荐信)不齐是不予审阅的。在某些情况下,建议申请人最好另请别人写推荐信。 [/align][align="left"]四、推荐人在推荐信中说些什么?[/align][align="left"]说明:一般商学院MBA申请材料中都有专门的推荐表,让推荐人就某些问题给出答案,或者为申请者打分。所以,不一定要采取信件的形式。(一家之言)[/align][align="left"]在许多情况下,商业学校要求推荐人填写证明表。下面就是在这些表中经常向推荐人问及的有关他们推荐的学生的一些问题。申请人在委托推荐人之前应对这些问题有所了解。[/align][align="left"]你(即写证明信者)与申请人认识多久,交往多深?[/align][align="left"]申请人的主要优缺点是什么?[/align][align="left"]说明申请人在其负责的领域内的能力[/align][align="left"]迄今为止,申请人成就是否可以作为其真实写照?请予以解释[/align][align="left"]申请人对工商管理专业的学习和今后的职业考虑的是否细致?[/align][align="left"]就下列能力与特点对申请人进行评定,记分等级分为:中下、中、良、优、极好。请指明所使用的证明组别。 [/align]
[align="left"]* 分析能力和解决问题的技巧 [/align][align="left"]* 与别人协同工作的能力 [/align][align="left"]* 独立工作的能力 [/align][align="left"]* 写作技巧 [/align][align="left"]* 说话技巧 [/align][align="left"]* 机动性 [/align][align="left"]* 成熟程度 [/align][align="left"]* 领导潜力[/align]
[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.sharewithu.com/thread-424871-1-1.html> [/align][align="left"]你应该在计划递交申请材料的期限前三个月左右开始寻找推荐人。选好推荐人后,接下来要做的就是和他(她)坦诚地面谈一次,向他(她)解释清楚你需要什么样的帮助。告诉他(她)你想申请哪些学校,为什么选择那些学校。最好能向推荐人提供一份你的完整详细的简历,以方便写推荐信。如果你认为推荐者应就某几个方面作一下重点描述,应该提前准备一份书面材料,列举那些你认为你的推荐人可以着手的地方。[/align]
[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.sharewithu.com/thread-424871-1-1.html> [/align][align="left"]
< img height="0" width="0" style="border-style:none;" src="http://eclick.baidu.com/rt.jpg?t=noscript&rtid=PjczrH0" />< /div> [/align][align="left"]推荐信一般要包括以下内容:[/align][align="left"]1.被推荐人与推荐人的关系、认识时间;[/align][align="left"]2.被推荐人的长处和不足;[/align][align="left"]3.被推荐人在其群体中的素质比较,如领导潜能、成熟程度、智力、团队工作精神、沟通技巧、创造力、自信心以及动机。特别要注明被推荐人在这些方面在他所属的群体中位居百分之几内,例如在领导潜能方面你是全班20人里最拔尖的,或是最好的,10%以内的。[/align]
[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.sharewithu.com/thread-424871-1-1.html> [/align]
[align="left"]But getting an outstanding reference letter is entirely within your control and easier than you think, even if you don't have a benevolent benefactor at your back.[/align][align="left"]Here are three tips to ensure your mentor, former boss, or academic counselor writes you a rave review: [/align]
  • Highlight their qualifications
  • Provide a template
  • Offer a "no questions asked" policy
[align="left"]Let's look at each of these individually:[/align][align="left"]Highlight their Qualifications[/align][align="left"]When reaching out to ask for a letter of reference, explain up front and center why it is that you value that person's opinion and respect their professional expertise enough so that you chose them (of all people) to vouch for you in your next professional endeavor.[/align][align="left"]Beyond mere flattery, show why you think that person is uniquely qualified to accurately assess and communicate your personal contribution to your future organization. Why did you enjoy working for them, and why do you value their opinion? Why do you look up to them? How do the qualities match your own, or speak to the authority you want your recommendation to convey?[/align][align="left"]Provide a Template[/align][align="left"]It's almost impossible to get a good reference letter from someone if you don't provide the tools necessary for them to actually write a good letter. It's also terribly inconsiderate not to give ample guidance. The last thing anyone wants to do is spend hours or days thinking about and drafting a letter which you yourself could have composed far better and more readily in about half the time.[/align][align="left"]Providing a template, therefore — an outline, bullet points, or even a fully-baked draft — of what you'd like the reference letter to say is the most effective (not to mention generous and thoughtful) approach to asking for a letter of reference. The goal isn't to put words into your former colleague's mouth or to co-opt her into vouching for you in an untrue or disingenuous manner; it's simply to do some of the work for her and provide all of the pertinent data points that you'd like included in the letter. Moreover, as boastful, bragging or full of yourself you may feel writing your own referral, often people will be even more generous than you will when talking about your skills and contribution to an organization. So go ahead and toot your own horn.[/align][align="left"]"No Questions Asked"[/align][align="left"]Finally, once you provide your reviewer with a useful template and make it clear that your intention is to make this process as painless as possible for her, then it's time to hand over the reins and offer a "no questions asked" policy. First, give your colleague an easy "out" to decline your request for any or no reason. Then, assuming she agrees, give her ample leeway to change, modify or edit your letter as she sees fit. You want to convey a sense of trust in her and give her an opportunity to write a letter she is entirely comfortable with.[/align][align="left"]Let's take a look at what this request might actually look like:[/align][align="left"]Highlight their Qualifications [/align]
[align="left"]Dear John,[/align][align="left"]Hello, I hope you are well. I am writing to ask a huge favor — I'm applying for a senior marketing position with Merck and I was hoping you'd consider writing a letter of recommendation on my behalf. I always appreciated your perspective and judgment while working together. You have so much credibility within the product development space that I thought you'd be a perfect person to act as a reference.[/align][align="left"]Provide a Template [/align]
[align="left"]I have included a list of bullet points along with a draft letter you might consider using as a template. I'd like to make the process as easy as possible on you and I know it's hard to recall details about the many different projects we worked on together in 2007 and 2008.[/align][align="left"]"No Questions Asked" [/align]
[align="left"]If for any reason you don't feel comfortable writing a letter on my behalf, I completely understand. If you are willing to do so, however, please feel free to take the attached sample letter and use it as a template however you see fit. I have tried to address my core strengths as a strategic thinker and team player and I have highlighted several marketing campaigns I'm particularly proud of. To the extent that you'd like to make any changes or modifications to the letter, please go ahead and do so. I trust that you'll include only those topics you feel comfortable commenting upon.[/align][align="left"]Further, I would welcome the opportunity to see a copy of the letter, but I of course understand your position if you'd like to keep it confidential.[/align][align="left"]Finally, finish your request with all the grace and charm you can muster — thank the other person profusely for their time and help and offer to make yourself available for any further questions he may have.[/align][align="left"]Stay tuned for next week's post on how to write that template and make your reference letter stand out from the pack[/align]
[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.sharewithu.com/thread-416300-1-1.html>[/align]

=================================================

1. Prepare your email request to send it at least 5-6 weeks before the date by which the recommendation must be received.

1. Choose an appropriate professor. Before you choose which professor to ask for a recommendation, ask yourself:
    • Does this professor know my name?
    • Have I ever spoken to this professor outside of class?
    • Did this professor give me a grade of 'B' or higher in the course?
    • Have I taken more than one course with this professor?

1. Address the letter properly. Even though this is an e-mail, you want it to look nice. If you were on a first name basis (meaning they specifically asked you to call them by their first name and you did so constantly) address it by their first name. Otherwise use their appropriate title. Let's pretend we're writing a letter to Dr. Jones who was your professor for Archaeology. Dr. Jones was not on a first name basis with you, so you will start the letter with, "Dear Dr. Jones" followed by a comma or a colon.

1. Put "Recommendation for [your name]?" as the subject line.

[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.wikihow.com/Ask-Your-Professor-for-a-Letter-of-Recommendation-Via-Email> [/align]
  1. Start the first paragraph by stating what you want: "I am writing to ask if you would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for me." Do not keep him or her guessing. In the next few sentences, lay out the facts:
    • Your name
    • Year in school
    • Major
    • Which course or courses you took with this professor, when, and what grade you earned
    • Why you need a recommendation [that is, what you are applying for]
    • When the recommendation letter is due

[align="left"]Pasted from <http://www.wikihow.com/Ask-Your-Professor-for-a-Letter-of-Recommendation-Via-Email> [/align]
  1. Outline your relationship with the professor in the following paragraph and point out why you have asked him or her specifically. Tell a little about yourself and why you are interested in the scholarship, graduate program, or job for which you need the reference.

• You don't want to use mundane reasons like "I want to work there because they offered the most money" or "I want to go to this school because the degree looks really good on a resume."
  • Be professional and say something like, "I chose to apply to this museum because I was extremely excited about their tribal artifacts department."
  • Does this professor have any special connection you are aware of to this company or place of employment? Or if it's a school, is s/he an alumnus? If so, include it. "I know that several pieces currently on display were acquired by you during your trip to the Amazon. I'm extremely hopeful that I might gain a position in a department with such a well-rounded collection to work with."
  • If your experience with this professor had any influence on your choice, say so: "I had not considered going into research until I took your cell biology class. That motivated me to get a part-time job in Dr. Jin's lab and now I'm excited about the possibility of doing stem cell research after grad school." However, don't force this if it's not true.

1. Use the third paragraph as an opportunity to hint at what you'd like the professor to say about you: You'll want to include any information about yourself which they may not be aware of. Some subtle ways of letting them know are:
    • "I believe that you're aware through our conversations and my participation in your course that I'm dedicated to the field of archeology. I've completed my degree in Archeology as of June of this year. I was also able to intern at the museum under Dr. Marcus Brody, whom I believe you know. I also have extensive experience in cataloging items gained through my internship."
    • "My other references will be able to talk about my academic ability, but you are the only one who really knows how hard I worked on my senior thesis and some of the obstacles I faced. I was hoping maybe you could talk about how I handle stress and deal with setbacks, because those are qualities the selection committee wants to see."
  1. 8
    Give them the details.
[align="left"]Where does the letter need to go? And when do you need it? You're already asking them to put themselves out and write the letter for you. Don't ask them to address it and put postage on it for you, too. You want to be the LEAST amount of trouble, so the professor is not annoyed by having to do work you could have done for them (and should have). Plus, this way you can assure yourself that it was sent. If they offer to mail it for you, let them. If they're always forgetting to do things like put items in the mail or grade exams, then tell them that you need or want to present it in person with other letters, or other materials. That way you can be sure you have it. But include this in the e-mail so they know the time frame.[/align]
  1. 9
    Close with information about how you will follow-up:
[align="left"] "I'll drop off the form and a stamped, addressed envelope in your faculty mailbox this week. I'll also send you an email reminder a week before the recommendation is due. Thanks again." Or, "I need to submit the letter of recommendation by August 3rd. If you're willing to write me a recommendation letter, please let me know and I'd be happy to come by your office any time to pick it up."[/align]
  1. 10
    Thank them, whether or not they write the letter.
[align="left"]"Thank you in advance for your time, and consideration. I also wanted to extend an additional thank you for the time I spent under your instruction. I really enjoyed your course, and I can't express how much I've taken away from Archeology 101." If they were truly that special teacher, you can be more effusive in your praise. "I know I'll take the things I've learned in that course, and apply them in my life's work. Your mentoring really had a positive impact in my life, and I can never thank you enough." Offer to write the recommendation letter yourself and have them sign it. This way, it saves them time and effort so they will be more willing to do it, and you will be able to include any content you want.[/align]
  1. 11
    Follow through as promised by delivering necessary materials and sending a reminder.
[align="left"]Follow up the e-mail with a phone call if you haven't heard anything in a week, two at the most. If you need to call, don't assume anything. First, see if they've even seen your e-mail. If not, be prepared to do your request verbally.[/align]
  1. 12
    Before the deadline, take responsibility for checking with the scholarship program, graduate school, or prospective employer to verify that the recommendation was received.
[align="left"]If not, send a brief, polite email to the professor and offer to pay for overnight delivery.[/align]
  1. 13
    Thank them again.
[align="left"]After you get your letter of recommendation, send a thank you note to the professor. If the recommendation is in the right hands, send the professor a hand-written thank you note via U.S. mail, not via email. It's not only polite and the right thing to do, but you never know when that will pay benefits down the road. You may need another letter at another time, or if you're in a similar field, they may be able to assist you at some other time. If the letter does the trick and gets you the position, call the professor to share the good news![/align]

[align="left"]Tips[/align]
  • To avoid appearing pushy, send a thank you note to the professors a week or two before the due date, that mentions the date in passing, as a reminder.
  • Read it before you send it. Make sure you have no spelling or grammatical errors. Have someone else proofread it for you if you're not a strong writer.
  • Use a pen or ballpoint pen in black to fill out the portion of the forms you might want your professor to use if you have any.
  • Attach your resume or CV to the email, and point out in the email that it is attached for the professor's reference.
  • Remember those who help you, and always be willing to repay the favor. An example would be you get that museum job and a summer internship opens up for students. You could call Dr. Jones and let him know so he can make his students aware of the opening.
  • If you need a recommendation on short notice, write a short email asking whether he or she has time to do a one-time favor for you and explain the circumstances. If you get a positive response, write a second, more detailed email.

[align="left"]Warnings[/align]
  • Some professors will take offense to being asked for a letter of recommendation via email. Visiting the professor in office hours, scheduling an appointment, or making a phone call shows that you are willing to give up your time and energy rather than simply writing an email.
  • Remember that they are not obligated to write recommendations. Your professors have generally spent decades working very hard to build their reputation. Whenever they write a recommendation, they are putting that reputation on the line. In general, they are only going to do so for students whom they really believe in.
  • DO NOT ask to read a copy of the letter before it is sent. It is not appropriate to do this, since the idea is that the professor sends an honest evaluation without having to explain him/herself to the student. If you think that the professor may not have the greatest things to say, then ask if they believe that they have the impressions and materials that they need to write a recommendation that WILL benefit you in your goal of...
  • If the professor provides a clue (e.g. an email sent to you prior to a completed letter of recommendation) that his/her recommendation won't be as favorable as you might like, thank him/her for his consideration and tell him/her that you have located another referee.
  • Never list people "who can recommend you positively" without prior agreement with them. This is true even if you have worked a lot with these people and think you are sure they will.

2条回复