密西根州立(MSU)计算机系(CSE)Dr. Tianxing Li招mobile computing,方向PhD

longzhiya
OPENINGS:
Dr. Tianxing Li is looking for one Ph.D. candidate (Fall'21) in the areas of mobile computing and wireless networking. Students with either EE or CS background are highly encouraged to apply.

Candidates are expected to have:
Strong motivation towards academic excellence,
and should be prepared for years of concentrated work.

The following background would be a big plus:
Published/Submitted research articles as the first or co-primary author.
Experience in signal processing, machine learning, and ubiquitous computing.
Experience in the practical implementation of embedded systems such as FPGA programming, PCB design, driver, and firmware development.
Experience in developing network/mobile systems and have a strong background in hardware-software interfaces and embedded systems design.

WHY MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY (MSU):
MSU CSE department has strong research on mobile computing:
According to csrankings.org, the mobile computing area is ranked 8th.
According to U.S. News, the CSE Department is ranked 55th in 2020.
MSU is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, a group of 63 U.S. and two Canadian universities widely regarded as among the top research-intensive institutions in North America.
According to Times Higher Education, MSU is ranked 84th in its World University Rankings 2020

ABOUT ME
My research interests are in wireless communication, sensing, and low-power systems. Specifically, my recent work focuses on designing novel human sensing systems using light. My vision is that light can be a primary modality for fine-grained human sensing. Using small, cheap, and low-powered photodiodes around us, we can sense the light intensity change caused by the human blockage, reflection, and absorption and then infer fine-grained human behaviors and some biomarkers. My work on light-based sensing won MobiCom Best Video Award in 2015, and was selected as a Best Paper Nominee at SenSys 2017, SIGMOBILE Research Highlights in 2016 and 2018, and CACM Research Highlights in 2018. I have also received MobiSys Best Demo Award in 2015, VLCS Best Paper Award in 2014, and UbiComp Best Paper Nominee Award in 2014.

HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to cse.msu.edu for more details.

Please send your CV to me via 1point3acres.com if you are interested.
4条回复