9.27 梅龙镇1000大水果+签证过程及材料总结。

楚子烨
因为看到朋友fall签证中遭遇check,叫苦不迭,LZ拿到spring的I20后,立刻就预约了927上午9:30的签证,因为LZ已经买好了12.20的机票,觉得预留两个月的时间以防check也是绰绰有余的,事实证明,F-1签证越早签越有优势,避开学生签证的高峰期,因为现在这个时间基本上是没有学生签证的,周围大部分是旅游签证,所以VO对学生签证会放松一些。

26日晚,到梅龙镇广场这边逛了一下,因为之前在这看过电影,所以还是比较熟悉的,确定了大概的位置之后,LZ就往回走了,特意在水果摊上买了一个梨,想27号早上可以吃个水果,图个吉利~~

27号早上8:50,边吃梨边往梅龙镇广场走,差不多9点刚过,抵达梅龙镇广场,看到一大堆人,还是让LZ很惊讶,本来LZ以为现在是淡季呀,应该不会有这么多人的,于是过去问保安,在奉贤路上有一个户外的摊子,工作人员在那发入馆通行证(一个塑封的15cm*20cm的卡片),拿着这个才可以进入广场里,上电梯去八楼。

LZ坐电梯上去的时候,看到入馆通行证中写着“手机等电子设备,包,金属等等什么的不让带入馆内”,LZ顿时意识到自己犯了个错误,本来LZ以为是可以带手机,不让戴手表的,就只带了手机。。。于是LZ和工作人员确认了一下,确实不让带手机,LZ就去楼下寄存了,下楼的时候,问保安,保安说去什么宁波宾馆305寄存,LZ想之前在地里好像看到的都是说去美琪大剧院,但是保安说去那就去那吧,到了305,感觉好像是使馆专门用来寄存东西的地方,告诉我手机钥匙硬币都不可以带,之后问LZ收了20元钱,后来LZ才知道,原来美琪大剧院那边是不收费的。不过寄存东西的那个管理员在我走之前还好心的对我说了一句:祝你好运,所以LZ还满开心哒~~

关于什么东西可以带的问题:
签证预约单上写的是:
[align="left"]请注意以下物品不得带入领事馆:[/align]

• 电池供电的设备或电子设备,如手机、电子记事本、电子表、寻呼机、相机、录音带/录像带、CD、MP3、软盘、笔记本电脑或便携音乐播放器
  • 旅行包、双肩背包、公文包、手提箱、皮包、布包和拉封式文件夹等箱包。
  • 除了瓶装水之外的食品
  • 密封信封或包裹
  • 香烟、雪茄、火柴盒、打火机
  • 剪刀、小刀或指甲刀等锋利物品
  • 任何种类的武器或爆炸性物品
  • 其他由安保人员决定禁止携带的物品

LZ自己观察了一下,手表是可以带的,文件夹不是透明的也是可以的,但是U盘,手机这一类电子产品是不让带的,所以童鞋们还是把这些东西放在家里或者寄存起来吧。

书接上文,LZ寄存完东西后,回到8楼,加入茫茫的排队人群中,然后会有工作人员在你的护照上贴扫描的条形码(这个东西在进安检的时候要扫一下,在录入指纹的时候要扫一下的),然后排队进入安检。因为LZ是预约的9:30的,但看到这么多人,觉得就算10:30也排不到我啊(事实证明我是10:50结束面签出来的)。。。于是想工作人员询问,我还来得及么,工作人员说:不要紧,7:30的人也和你一起排着呢。。。LZ就放心了,所以各位童鞋,签证的话不用提前太早来呦~~提前个20分钟到就可以了,实际签证的时间和网上预约的时间关系好像没有那么严格。

把文件放到小筐内,然后拖鞋,把文件筐和鞋放在传送履带上过安检,然后人过安检门,之后穿鞋,拿文件到前面排队,进行材料预审。
F-1签证的预审材料只需要,DS-160,I-20原件,SEVIS缴费确认单和护照,并把前三样夹在护照里,然后到预审窗口进行材料预审,然后工作人员会通知你去几号窗口录入指纹。(1~3号窗口是录入指纹的窗口,4~12号是面签窗口)

等着排队录入指纹,2号窗口的老外很nice,录完指纹还会对你说,谢谢~~

然后就去面签区等着排队面签,没想到在排队的时候还恰巧遇到了14群里的两位未来的校友,哈哈,互相聊了一会,平定了一下情绪之后,就有保安通知你去几号面签窗口准备面签了,LZ之前看8,9号的窗口都是美女老外,网上据说面签会送一些,结果保安直接就给我指定了11号窗口,是为金发帅哥。在我前面的是一对夫妻,准备去美国参加孩子的本科毕业典礼(LZ心里想,现在这个时候还有毕业典礼么。。。。)之后就问那俩个夫妻去过哪些国家,那俩夫妻爆出了一大串国家名字。。。让LZ羡慕到爆。。。。

前面一对夫妻通过了之后,金发帅哥示意我上前,于是LZ挤出了一个很友好的微笑,点点头,走到窗口,对话如下:

ME:Good morning, Sir.
VO:Good morning, give me your passport
ME:掏。。。递。。。。
VO:why do you want to go to America?
ME:for the master of science degree
VO:Can I see your I-20?
ME:掏。。。递。。。。
VO:what's your major?
ME:I will study Electrical Engineering at University of XXXXXX
VO:(突然用中文说)你之前出过国吗?

ME:No, I havn't.
VO:噼里啪啦噼里啪啦,敲键盘中不理我

ME:。。。。。(本着问啥答啥,少说多余的话的原则,LZ保持沉默)
VO:你通过了!

ME:(这么水。。。。感觉自己这一个星期白准备了,什么材料都不要看。。。。)额。。。when can I get my passport back?
VO:three to five business day.

ME:Thank you!! Have a nice day!

出来之后,看到两个14春季的朋友也都水果了,一致觉得学生签证一定要尽早签,避开高峰期然后水果的概率要大一些~~

本着准备了这么多的材料没有用到,心里不甘的心态,LZ决定把自己准备的材料分享给各位地里的童鞋,以回馈自己在地里获得的各种消息~~

材料来了。。。。

[align="left"]注意事项:[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]签证礼仪[/align][align="left"]态度要礼貌,递东西要双手送上。脸上始终挂着自信、友善的微笑。眼睛要直视VO,如果不想看他的眼睛,可以盯着他的脑门。眼神不要躲闪、游移不定,那样会给人一种不坚定、心怀鬼点子的印象。[/align][align="left"]服装[/align][align="left"]整洁、大方,像个学生样就可以。身上不能有金属,不然过安检的时候会很麻烦。[/align][align="left"]语言[/align][align="left"]不求花哨,简洁、逻辑性强就可以了。[/align][align="left"]语速[/align][align="left"]不要太快。因为一旦你太快,VO会随着你的语速而加快他的语速,这样不利于你抓住他说话的意思。[/align][align="left"]主动和诚实的原则[/align][align="left"]当签证官问某个问题时,要主动将相关的支持材料递上;当没听明白或者不太确定签证官问了什么,一定不要乱猜然后胡乱回答,要礼貌地说“pardon,或者“Excuse me,保证完全听清楚了再整理思路给出最得体和具有说服力的回答。[/align]

[align="left"]携带物品:[/align][align="left"] [/align][align="left"]文件袋:[/align][align="left"]1)签证预约确认页;(2DS-160表格确认页;(3)本人护照;(4SEVIS费缴纳收据;(5I-20表原件;[/align][align="left"]6)数码照片2张;(7)家庭户口本;(8)自己户口;(9)学历、学位、成绩单;(10GRETOEFL成绩单;[/align][align="left"]11Study plan;(12Resume;(13)出资人工作收入证明;(14)银行存款证明;(15)银行存单原件;[/align][align="left"]16)房产证;(17Offer letter原件;(18)全家福;(19)情侣照;(20)数模证书;(21Program Introduction[/align][align="left"]22课程列表 23)签证费收据[/align][align="left"]
[/align][align="left"]加黑的是LZ用到的,但是本着有备无患的原则,还是建议大家都带着,以免因为材料不全而导致拒签。[/align]
[align="left"]签证问题准备(问题源自于网上和自己想的,答案都是我自己做的): 面带微笑,打招呼:GoodmoringI’m here toapply for a F1 student visa, and I will go to XXX to pursue my MS degree in ElectricalEngineering. VO: What will you do in US? / What’s your purpose forthe visa? / Which school will you study in?I: For my master degree of electrical engineering in University ofxxx. I'm here today for the F1 student visa. VO: Are you currently a student? / Have you graduated from your school? /What are you doing after graduation?I: I have graduated from Southeast University this year, and aftergraduation I stay home prepare for study aboard and stay with my parents, mysister and my girlfriend. VO: What do you do in your spare time? / Did you participate in any schoolactivities at school? / Do you have any hobbies? / Did you get any prizes?I: I like playing basketball and Punk and Rock & Roll music(自己准备点VO可能知道的歌曲啥的,和VO聊聊天,拖延点时间,以免VO问其他重要的问题。。). I also read some books, too.I have won the International MeritoriousWinner in 2012 Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling VO: Why do you want tostudy in US now? / Why don’t you choose a Chinese school? / Do you think it’sworthy to study in U.S.A? How will your study in U.S.A help you?I: 1.As we all know, Electrical Engineering has a long historyin the America until nowadays, and America is still in the leading position inthe field of Electrical Engineering, so I can learn more advanced knowledgethan in China. 2.And in recent year, most of Chinese companies preferemploying the people with a oversea education background, because their Englishand ability are better. I want to be an engineer in a technical company withhigh salary. I think studying in America will help me a lot for my futurecareer. 3.What’s more, thegraduate program in China takes three years and the program in America onlyneeds two years, studying in America could help me start my career earlier. VO: What’s the thing youlike best in US? Then what’s the thing you don't like most in China?I: The thing I like best is the wonderful education in America. The best thing I like in china is thelifestyle here, the city here is full of people, which hardly makes you feellonely. And stay with the people I love always make me fells happy.The thing I don’t like most in China is that theelectrical technology here is not advanced enough. So I can’t study home for MS degree. VO: How do you know the school?I: I have some friends who is studying there, and some professors ofmy under-graduated courses recommend me this university, because they have beento this university as visiting scholars. VO: What will you majorin? Why do you choose this major?I: I will major in electrical engineering, and design circuit. Ichoose this major because my graduation project is related with this area, and Iam very interested about it. And study this major can help me find a job easilyin china. VO: Did you take any English test such as TOEFL or IELTS? / Did you takeany language test? / Have you met the English requirement of the school? / Howlong will you take the English program?I: I have taken the test both of TOEFL and GRE, and here is my scorereports. And I meet the English requirement of XXX, and I don’t need to takethe language class. VO: How long will you stay in U.S.? / How long will you finish yourprogram?I: I will stay in America until I am graduated, it will takes abouttwo years, maybe earlier. VO: How much is your tuition? / How much is your total cost per year?I: The tuition is about XXX dollars VO: Who will fund your study in U.S? / Who will pay for your study? / Whois your financial sponsor? / How much will they sponsor you for your futurestudy?I: My parents will pay for my study. VO: What do your parents do? / How much can they earn for one year? I: My mother is XXXX职位, and myfather is XXXXX职位.And here are their certifications for employmentand annual income. VO: What’s your future plan? / What will you do after graduation?/ What do you do withyour work for BS/MS/PhD?I: After graduation I will come back to China and find a job underthe help of my sister and her husband. VO: Why do you want to come back to China?I: Because the electrical industry in china still show a lot ofdemands of employee with high degree and advanced technology. But theelectrical industry in America is full of this kind of employee. It is mucheasier to find a job with high salary in china. What’s more, my sister and hishusband is living in shanghai, and they can help me both in finding job and indaily life with their social relations. VO: Have you (or your parents) ever been US/abroad? When? What’s thepurpose?I: No. I haven’t VO: Do you have any family members/ relations/ relative in US/othercountries? Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with theUnited States Citizenship and Immigration Services? I: No. I don’t have. VO: How many schools didyou apply for? / Have you been admitted by the other schools? / Why do youchoose this one? (此题基本必问,尽可能说出至少3个以上的原因)I: I applied for 5 schools and USC is the only one which admitted me. The other four are Columbia University, CMU,University of Texas at Austin, University of California at Santa Barbara.Theelectricalengineering department has a strong faculty. And the courses designed for usmore satisfy me. I choose USC because I have some friend who are studying there. VO: What is your purpose for the visa?I: I want to study in American university, so I apply the F-one StudentVisa VO: What is your academic background?I: I got the bachelor of engineering degree in June this year. VO: Whatis the difficult class do you have?I:XXXX VO: Do you want your wife to go with you?I: NO, she has a great job here, and I will be back after mygraduation VO: What are your sister and her husband’s jobsI: My sister is a professor in XXXX University, and her husband is an engineer, and his job is designing XXXX. Heworks at XXXXX. VO: what courses will you studyI: < Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuit Design >; < VLSISystem Design >; ; < Mathematical Foundations for CAD of VLSI Circuits>; ; < Computer Systems Architecture>
CAD-ComputerAided Design; VLSI-Very LargeScale Integration Administrative processing---check 最后问:Am I approved When will I get my passport? Ok, thank you, have a nice day!
如果被拒签了,一定要问:Why I can’t get my visa? 知道拒签的原因,准备二签。
好,就这些了,这些答案仅供参考~~
其他一些材料地里面都有的,我也就不班门弄斧了。
看在小弟辛苦码字的份上,求各位大大们赏些米吧,小弟的级别太低好多帖子看不了= =。。。求米!求米![/align]

补充内容 (2013-9-27 16:22):
最后一部分的问答格式有误,好像自己无法修改,于是另开一贴,链接在此:
【签证问答】刚刚发的LZ自己总结的签证问答,格式有问题,于是在这个版块重新发一下
1point3acres.com

补充内容 (2013-9-27 16:24):
1point3acres.com
4条回复