小伙伴们是怎么在PS里提及喜欢的导师的

notthisagain
现在在写PS,前面的都搞定了,最后一段最头疼,面临着几个棘手的问题,请问小伙伴们怎么解决的?
首先是要提及几个教授,我想把感兴趣的都提到,但是毕竟空间有限,有些更感兴趣的详细说一下,有些不太感兴趣的一笔带过。被一笔带过的老师看到我的PS后是不是很不爽啊。那万一我感兴趣的对我不感兴趣,那风险不是很大吗?
还有怎么跟人家的研究扯上关系。说实在的到现在为止,真正比较match的老师所有要申请的学校里面也就那么几个。所以要和很多不match的老师硬扯上关系。好难啊。
下面是我写的一个。大家帮忙看看呗,大家是怎么处理这个问题的?

Aware that I have been concentrating on the biological and evolutionary questions, I am thinking about to address the computational one more closely as I gradually realized that the efficiency and reliability of bioinformatics tools can have significant influences on downstream studies. University of Wisconsin’s computer science program is ideally suitable to me because it includes outstanding faculties devoted to devise such sophisticated tools. Dr. Dewey developed state-of-art methods to quantify gene and isoform expression and to infer splice graphs using RNA-seq data. He also proposed a novel method to detect transcription factor binding sites (TFBSs) using multi-reads from ChIP-seq data. His work was specifically interesting to me because the correct inference of alternative splicing is critical to deriving reliable NCFR for each transcript in my research and TFBSs along with other regulatory elements were responsible for the evolutionary patterns I discovered. Dr. Patel`s research work also attracts me a lot. He developed a new data processing system WHAM to accelerate genome alignment. I am also very interested in Dr. Shavlik’s research because his research tries to address yet another fundamental question: how to use computers to handle medical questions, for example in his recent research, he developed a Bayesian network model to predict breast cancer risks using genetic variants from GWA studies. Working with them could provide me with the opportunities to accomplish this transition. With solid background in computer science and sufficient training in the field of bioinformatics, as well as clear goals of my academic future, I do think I can succeed in your PhD program. After obtaining my PhD degree, I will continue my lifelong seeking of the answers as a researcher in academia.
6条回复