TPO4,《20年后的轿车使用会减少》求改

billpeng
Do you agree a disagree: In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than today
字数270

From the current statistics, the number of cars is in dramatic increase of 20 percent each years. And it's estimated that there would be more cars twenty years later. But I hold a different idea on this issue. I agree with the idea that there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.

First of all, more people would rather choose public transportation than driving cars. After twenty-year construction, the public transportation system will be more convenient and sophisticated. People can go anywhere taking buses, subways or high-speed trains. There is no need to drive their own cars. Taking public transportation is the general trend nowdays, and twenty years later, this would come into fact.

Secondly, it would be more costing to own a car. We will see the end of petroleum in the next few decades. And this would definetely lead to the roaring price of gasoline which upsets people's desire of buying a car. Moreover, government may lay heavy tax on car owners in order to control air pollution. In 2013, the Chinese government are already discussing charging car owners extra money to protect the environment.

Thirdly, cars may be replaced by other vehicles. Even nowadays, some rich people are buying their own private jet. I believe that twenty years later, the decreasing price of private jet and increasing income would encourage people to buy more advanced vehicles such as private jet.

In summary, the convenience of public transportation, the desire of owning a more advanced vehicles as well as economic considerations leads to the conclusion that in twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.
3条回复