TPO5人们在个人享受上花了过多的时间而不是应该做的事情上

billpeng
字数380
Do you agree or disagree:people today spend too much time on personal enjoyment doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do

It's true that people are more willing to spend time on personal enjoyment, but we cannot neglect that fact that they spend more time on doing things they should do. The time they spend on personal enjoyment is far from too much. A large amount of examples could support my position.

As is known to all, children enjoy playing and hate going to school. They are force to attend school because education is compulsory for them. They spend most of the day time at school doing the things they should do namely studying. After school, they have to finish assignment, so they only have very few time to spend on doing things they like to do. It's clear to see which side they spend more time. Even though they can spend time on personal enjoyment on weekends, but comparing the two-day weekend to the five-day work day, can we say that they spend too much time on personal enjoyment?

Besides students, adults are in the same situation. No one wants to work, but they have to work. Without work, they cannot survive in this competitive world. My father is a good example. He enjoys playing basketball and used to play every weekend. But he can't do it nowadays, he has to work on weekends for extra salary to pay for my tuition. The example of my father clearly illustrates that people don't spend too much time on personal enjoyment than doing things they should do.

The only person who can spend much time on personal enjoyment is the one who retires. But I don't think they spend too much time on personal enjoyment. I admit that they can spend more time doing things they like to do, but it's just compensation. They have done too much things they should do when they are young. So taking all their life scale into consideration, they didn't spend too much time on personal enjoyment.

In summary, due to the fierce competition on in society, people are eager to spend more time on personal enjoyment, but the pressure prevents them doing that. It's no doubt that they didn't spend too much time on doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do.
2条回复