研一申MS,之前大家帮忙改过一稿,PS第二稿求修改!!谢谢!!

ttpgx
[align="left"]“The realhappiness comes from constructive work.” Those words from Bertrand Russell wererooted deeply in my mind the first time I read when I was a freshman majoringin Law. I was frustrated at that time. Although I worked hard in Law School andgot the highest GPA among students in the last semester, the things I learnt brought a little happiness to me(这句有点别扭,不知道怎么改比较好). Sometimes I sitalone, contemplating what I want, and until one night, I happened to see aROBOCUP (Robot World Cup) competition held in my school. Even though I knewnothing about the competition, the scene that robots running on the ground,trying to kick the football and competitors involved in the game with theirfaces shining impressed me a lot. Like a flash, I know what I want, working onRobotic(这样子写会不会把范围缩得太小了,需要改成Mechatronics吗?) seems irresistible to me. [/align][align="left"]After making this decision, I began toprepare for changing my major to mechanical engineering and automation. Drivenby the strong desire, I learnt the AdvancedMathematics and Physics all bymyself, and often spend several hours solving equations without noticing that Iwas the only one left in the classroom. While it’s hard to balance the scheduleof the two majors, I never feel confused or tired. Eventually my constant effortpaid back, among the ten quotas provided, I was the only student changing fromLaw School.[/align][align="left"]Filled withjoy and gratitude for coming back to my favorite major, I do treasure the opportunitya lot. The pure curiosity and interestof knowledge often bring me excitement and joy(这句话要不要具体说明一下?否则会不会有点空). I managed to takeall the curriculums within three years, and even got a good overall GPA, ashigh as 3.68/4, ranking the top 1 among 100 students.[/align][align="left"]As an engineering student, I alwaysask myself how to apply what I learnt from class to real-world engineeringproblems. When I was a sophomore, I toke a part-time job tutoring a kid math,sooner I knew that his father owns a mechanical company and was finding someoneto design a machine used for transporting metallic films. After considerablethought, I sincerely extended my willing to the kid’s father to design themechanical part of the machine. Luckily, he gave this project worth $ 21,000 tome. I asked one of my friends to help me, and we spent nearly a month in thelibrary searching for references and discussing the best design to meet thedemands. Throughout the whole processing, we are tired but excited. I stillremember several days after I sent my drawing sheets to the company, the kid’s father(这样说会不会太不礼貌?)drove me to his company, and showed me the real machine I designed. The machineruns with my heart beats, and that was the first time I do realized the words:the real happiness comes from constructive work. (这段还需要再略写一些吗?)[/align][align="left"]Later on, I lead a group to complete theMechanical Innovation Design Competition. Considering the inertia when nursesinject some micro-scale medicines to patients, we decided to design a highlyaccurate, auto-controlled injector. The idea is so novel that we have to startat the very beginning. Inthe next two months, we were engaged in lots of things such as designing the constructionof the injector, coding the C program, drawing the PCB sheet, and making thedemonstrating materials, etc. We were glad to win the third prize in the competition,but even more proud of our cooperation to convert an idea to a real functionalinjector.[/align][align="left"]At the same year, I joined a group forthe “xPartner cup” China Intelligent Robot Competition, it was a 2 VS 2 robotfootball game, robots running in a ground surrounded by walls, one robot forattack, the other for defense. What we need to do was coding programs for thetwo robots, using different algorithms to simulate the behaviors like shoot,dribble or interception. In the next month, I devoted myself in the laboratory,learning from the very beginning such as how to get data from sensors, tocoding the key algorithms of the projects. We were exhausted coding and debuggingthe programs because a minor mistake would bring about a breakdown. Aftertrials and errors, we finally decided the best parameters and the best way toattack i.e. instead of running in the middleof the ground, our robot dribble the football near the wall, with the help ofthe wall, our robot can easily control the football and run far enough to makethreatening shoots (这一段具体介绍的话需要删掉吗?). The first prize of thenational competition was the best award for our meticulous works.[/align][align="left"]The rewarding experience of thecompetition gave me a lot of confidence working on robotic, and I eventuallydecided to work on TurletBot, a movable platform with Microsoft Kinect (a RGB-Dsensor) as my Bachelor’s thesis. Although I had no idea about ROS (RoboticOperation System) at first, the novelty intrigued me deeply. My thesis wastrying to apply 2D + 3D face recognition on using skeleton to controlTurtleBot. Due to I have to make clear things like ROS, face recognition,skeleton tracking and the data exchange between them, I must admit it was hard.But the more painstaking setbacks, the stronger desire to overcome. Finally Isuccessfully achieved the original plan, and I have submitted a paper of my workto ROBIO, 2014.[/align]In retrospect, from the beginning that I stood in the crowds, knowingnothing about robot but just intrigued in its novelty to knick the football, tothe amazing situation that I can even control a robot by my skeleton exclusively,I am full of joy and also curiosity. I’m sure that it’s still very exciting toknow more about robotic. To achieve this goal, I intend to pursue my Master’sstudies and focus on mechatronics with full consideration of my interests andstrengths. Now I am a first year master’s student in Shanghai Jiao TongUniversity, however I do admire the great reputation in the studies of mechatronicsof XXX University. I know that if I gave up changing my major four years ago, Iwould never feel so happy now, and if I gave up applying for XXX Universityjust because I am already a graduate freshman, I would be very regretful soon. Moreimportantly, some professors, like XXX, have undertaken cutting-edge researchin similar topics. I believe I will reach my goal and become an outstanding researcher in mechatronics by studying there. I will considermy admission to XXX University as not only a great honor, but also aresponsibility to go on my research career.

以上是我的PS,谢谢各位啦~1200多字,个人感觉太长了,想砍掉一段,但是因为写了我本科四个重要项目,感觉砍掉其中一个有点舍不得。想问问大家这个怎么处理比较好,谢谢啦~还有自己写的有点象简历的扩充,这个不太清楚应该怎么修改才地道。。
6条回复