独立:Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable

xz28us
题目:Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting advice from friends of your own age.

[align="left"]Everyone needs advice at times, and most people seek their peers for help. However, I think it is far better to receive advice from older friends than from peers, for the mistakes that older friends have made and the more experience they own. [/align]
[align="left"]To begin with, older friends have made mistakes, so they are capable of helping their younger friends avoid the similar ones. Thus it is usually wise to consult older friends for their opinions before making an important decision. For instance, before my last school year of college, I had to make a important decision about the plan of my summer vacation. I asked my older friend Li Lei who had attended a college. Then he said that working experience is indispensable for me and hence persuaded me to find an internship on summer vacation. Once in the past, he had traveled with his girl friend on the last summer vacation of college. Then in his last year of college, he had a hard time to find a full-time job because of the lack of hands-on experience. Therefore, his mistake reminded me to avoid making one myself. [/align][align="left"]
[/align]
[align="left"]Besides, older people often possess more real-world experience, so their advice is more valuable. If you have a friend who is older than you, there is a good chance that they have solved the problem which is similar to yours. For instance, when deciding which university to apply for, my brother asked his older friend in a university where he should study. His older friend advised him to take into consideration the total expense and hence recommended several inexpensive colleges. Thanks to his older friends’s advice, my brother finally attended a college that he could afford by doing some part-time jobs. Thus, he didn’t have to worry about having a heavy student debt in the future. [/align][align="left"]
[/align]
[align="left"]Admittedly, sometimes older friends may not totally realize your situation before giving you advice. One the one hand, they may analysis your problems based on previous social background which could lead to biased advise. On the other hand, they may neglect the specific details of your dilemmas, and thus they could not focus on the key points of your problems. Therefore, getting advice from older friends doesn’t work. Nevertheless, by communicating with your older friends and explaining your circumstances thoroughly, such negative situations can be avoided.[/align][align="left"]
[/align]
[align="left"]All in all, I think older friends end up giving better advice because they are veterans in solving problems and have more experience in making mistakes than you. Therefore, if you ever want some advice, just ask ask your older friends what to do.[/align]
6条回复