总结地里给位大神的意见,新一版sop出来了

smellycat
如题,前段时间被托福搞残了的说,所以前几天才把sop来重新写了一遍,改动比较大。首先感谢地里各位大神的建议和帮助。感觉大家都进入申请阶段了比较忙的说,如果各位哥哥弟弟姐姐妹妹有时间的话,多提点意见,本人必将不甚感激。另外祝各位来年都有好消息。

As a master student majored in software engineering, I am applying to study for a doctoral degree in computer science at University… because your research in this field attracts me immensely. And I have a strong desire to follow on with my studies in real-time embedded system, computer architecture and power- and security-aware computing.

When I was an undergraduate student of Sichuan University, I have participated in an electronic design project, which was my first experience related to computer technology. My teammates and I made a low-cost pulse rate meter using an 8-bit microcontroller, a microphone and an abandoned stethoscope. I was fascinated by our creation, i.e. by connecting several components and putting some instructions into the microcontroller, it can accomplish desired missions. After that, I took part in other electronic design projects and learned about computer architectures and embedded systems via reading books and asking my teachers. Gradually I began to realize that there is a huge and attractive world in this area.

After my graduation from Sichuan University, I joined a petroleum instrument company. My first task was to translate thousands lines of assembly code into C programs. This task helped me develop a deeper understanding of the two different languages. After that, I taught myself object-oriented programming and advanced languages like C#, which were extremely useful in my following work and study. For me, it was interesting because I got to see the power of programming languages and how they bridge human mind and machine.

I also took part in the project Distributed Oil-field Supervision Control System during the time I worked for the company, where I was involved in many industry activities. I participated in circuit and program design of undersurface pressure gauges and was in charge of field testing of several wireless devices. The system integrated a series of separated devices like sensors, processors and actuators and immensely impressed me with the ability to have all the devices work together smoothly. And from the project I learnt lots of practical skills and knowledge about networked embedded systems. Then I gradually became interested in this field and that was why I made a decision of going back to schools to learn cutting-edge technologies.

After working for one year in the company, I succeeded in the Chinese Graduate Students Entrance Examination and became a master student in Real-Time Embedded Research Lab of University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC). I am currently working under the supervision of Dr. Wei Jiang and Dr. Jinyu Zhan at the school of Information and Software Engineering on the project Co-Design of Dependable Real-Time Embedded Systems. My work is to address the security- and energy-aware task scheduling problems existed in distributed real-time embedded systems. My main focuses are static task scheduling and resource management, security performance measurement for cryptography and mixed-criticality systems.

As my transcript reveals, I have taken substantial courses both in software engineering and computer science in my graduate school. I did not do well in two courses because of my work in the student union. And that motivated me to invest more time in my study and work much harder to strengthen my knowledge in the field of embedded real-time systems. I spent much of my spare time browsing over professional publications and journals, to keep myself abreast of current developments of this field. I was attracted by the topic of power- and security-aware computing in real-time embedded systems. And as a research assistant in the laboratory, I concentrated in security-strengthening, real-time guarantee and energy conservation requirements and attempted to improve the overall system performance. I have published three papers as the first author, where I proposed several off-line task-scheduling mechanisms to address security, energy and real-time mixed problems in distributed real-time embedded systems. Due to my academic performance in the graduate school, I got the First Price Scholarship of UESTC for two years in a row. I also won National Scholarship for Graduate Students in Oct. 2013, which could properly be deemed the highest honor that a graduate student could possible attain in China.

This summer I attained the IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS) and gave a presentation entitled “A vulnerability optimization method for security-critical real-time systems”, which received high remarks from many experts who attended the meeting and got the Student Best Paper Award. In the conference, I got incredible insight into a wide range of topics such as big data management, energy efficient techniques and networked embedded systems. The present development in the field of embedded systems indicates that energy efficiency, reliability and other related aspects have received great attention throughout the world and are becoming more and more important, especially as the hardware and software architectures of embedded devices are evolving with a rapid pace. I too hope to make my own contribution to the technological development in this area.

Two years’ training and experience in research work give me an exciting prospect of my career and a precious opportunity to acquire cutting-edge knowledge in this field. And I am confident that my work experience and undergraduate study will contribute to my future research career, as it provides me with solid foundation of automatic control, hardware architecture and other related theories. Pursuing a doctoral degree in America is by no means an easy task, and it takes much time and efforts. However, as an important step to pursue my dream, several years of further training in a country with better facilities and opportunities is extremely necessary and meaningful for me. So I am eager to meet these challenges.

I am keen to conduct research in QoS and energy management in real-time and embedded system. And the strength of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in this field is a primary factor attracting me to your doctoral program. After carefully studying the material provided by your institution, I feel that your curriculum and research would provide me with an opportunity to expand my knowledge in embedded system and architecture, which I am fascinated. I am looking forward to graduate study at Boston University and regard it as an exciting and essential stage in my scholarly development.
46条回复