OPT网申Denial-交错文件顺序

背景:硕士学位,一年opt,毕业时间8/27,还在grace period
时间线:
6/16 用旧的I20提交网申并且马上收到receipt
6/17 意识到没有找学校更新I20,火速找了学校更新I20,并且马上把新的I20上传到了unsolicited evidence里,也标明了是upadated I20
6/17-9/10 没有收到任何消息,我自己心也比较宽,没有follow up。
9/10 收到USCIS的email说take an action on my case, 打开后发现denial notice,原因是“You are applying for post-completion OPT. Your Form I-765 application was receipted by USCIS on June 16, 2021, but the DSO later entered your OPT recommendation into your SEVIS record on June 17, 2021, after your Form I-765 was filed. You have failed to submit Form I-765 within 30 days of the date the DSO entered the recommendation for OPT in your SEVIS record.”意思就是我应该先让学校在SEVIS里改我的opt recommendation,再去申请,但是我弄反了,就不对。
而且后面还加了一段话说我不符合最近推出的延时政策,原文是“On February 26, 2021, USCIS announced OPT flexibilities for certain foreign students affected by
delayed receipt notices for Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, received on or after October 1, 2020, through May 1, 2021, inclusive. Pursuant to a court order, these flexibilities have been extended to include applications received from October 1, 2020, through October 31, 2021. Your case was reviewed in regards to the scenarios outlined in the announcement; however, your case was determined not to fall into the parameters of those cases warranting the exercise of flexibilities.”

我找了学校的DSO问,他们看了后说我不应该被拒的,因为USCIS官方的Q&A里说了申请后只要在30天内有DSO的recommendation for OPT就行,原文是“If an OPT application is submitted without the Form I-20 with the Designated School Official (DSO) recommendation, USCIS may issue the applicant an RFE for an updated Form I-20. The RFE does not alter the requirements for the Form I-20. For the (c)(3)(B) eligibility category, the DSO must enter the recommendation for OPT into the applicant’s Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) record within 30 days of the Form I-765 receipt date; and for the (c)(3)(C) eligibility category,
the I-20 must have been endorsed by the DSO within 60 days of submitting Form I-765. ”有兴趣看全文的可以搜索“The CIS Ombudsman’s Webinar Series: USCIS Introduces Online Filing for Form I-765”找Q&A或者直接看附件,问题是Q7.

学校说我现在面前有两个选择,因为我还在grace period里,可以再重新申请一次;还有一个选择是file a notice of Appeal or Motion, 应该就是提交 I-290B让USCIS重审,但不知道通过可能性有多大,也不知道要等多久。我现在已经拿到了工作offer,对方就是在等我的EAD卡下来去入职,感觉对方不会再等我90天去重新申请...但又不知道申请重审结果会如何。还有一点是我的offer是一家nonprofit,本来是答应等我入职一段时间后帮我申cap-exempt,就是免抽签的h1b, 请问可以直接从F-1转成H1B吗?
当初走网申就是觉得方便很多,没想到现在反而更加麻烦,当事人现在真的非常非常后悔QAQ,希望大家以后网申前一定要先找学校review,而且timeline现在看下来明显纸本邮寄比网申快很多。

看到版上有人有类似的情况但没有后续的update,所以来问问各位有啥相关的经验或者建议吗?非常感谢大家!!
文中含有App暂不支持的附件,请到论坛下载
5条回复