Data Analyst Engineer Intern
Data Analyst Engineer Intern
UL LLC is a global safety consulting and certification company headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois. It maintains offices in 46 countries. Established in 1894 as the Underwriters' Electrical Bureau (a bureau of the National Board of Fire Underwriters), it was known throughout the 20th century as Underwriters Laboratories and participated in the safety analysis of many of that century's new technologies. UL is one of several companies approved to perform safety testing by the U.S. federal agency and has expanded into an organization with 64 laboratories, testing, and certification facilities serving customers in 104 countries.
UL aims to disseminate Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning-based cutting-edge techniques and solutions to solve challenging and complex industrial problems. Joining the AI Lab team at UL gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on disruptive products that are still in their early stages
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in data engineering and processing
- Be involved in the fast-growing, big data space
We are looking for a data analyst engineer intern with a passion for building large analytical platforms systems.
- Design, implement and maintain enterprise-scale Azure-hosted Big Data Platform
- Profile and analyze data in designing scalable solutions
- Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable the collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets including those from streaming data
- Leverage technologies such as MS SQL Server warehouse, CosmosDB, and Gremlin API / Graph Model to host high-speed applications at a global scale
- Setup and maintain data capture, curation, and consumption pipelines from internal and external sources to support development and production systems
- Ability to research, learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
Skills & Qualifications:
- Software development experience and demonstrable architecture experience at enterprise scale
- Experience in data acquisition, scraping, formatting, transformation, augmentation, enrichment, refinement, imputation, annotation, and curation.
- Understanding of Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data processing techniques and methods
- Programming experience in Python, SQL, and C#
- Experience in data modeling, warehousing, and architecture experience
- Work experience in statistics and PowerBI
- History of working with cross-functional engineering teams
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Optional Additional Experience:
- Experience with Azure Cloud Technologies (Data Factory, PowerShell, HDInsight, and Data Lake Analytics)
- Experience with cloud gateways, queues, messaging hubs such as Azure Event Hub, API Integration, NoSQL, and Graph databases
- A nice to have would be knowledge of ML / AI environments and challenges – particularly as it relates to data management
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Currently on Master’s Degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Fluency in English and good communication and collaboration skills are also required for you to succeed in this role.
- Practical experience developing and deploying services to Azure Cloud
- Working on an agile, cross-discipline team with exposure to business stakeholders and end-users
- Career mentorship and training opportunities
- Remote working arrangements and flexible hours
* We may offer a full-time job and sponsorship based on work performance. Please feel free to share the JD and my contact with students who are interested. We prefer students who have some hands-on work experience in industries including internships.
Company: UL LLC
Position: Data Analyst Engineer Intern