Lestat0202
楼主八月求职,前公司实在太拉胯了,七七八八投了一些面试,当时特别担心身份问题,所以在9月中的时候通过猎头接了一家中厂的contract先hold一下身份。
contract是到2022年2月份结束,hr说有概率会转成full-time,然后hr说是这周开始,这三天onboarding啥的。

但是,上周突然收到了硅谷一家e轮startup的offer,package大概差4-5w吧,本来没想到会这样的。。
主要不是钱的问题,楼主最在意是h1b和绿卡问题,而且签的也不是long-term contact,只到2月份,也赶不上明年的抽签。

我现在就特别犹豫怎么说,合同有写是at will,估计以后会被猎头公司和中厂拉黑吧。。猎头大哥其实人蛮好的

楼主编造了家庭压力和贷款来推掉,呜呜,各位大佬有啥意见吗
-----
First, I am really thankful for your time. Thank you for all your help and it's been a pleasure working with you. I really appreciate all the advice you've been providing to me during the interview and your professional skill that makes the process so smooth.

Secondly, I am truly sorry that I may need to turn down this contract. I completely understand your disappointment. However, after serious talks with my parents yesterday, they force me to think about my work status first in the united states and they push me to be active on the market to find a full-time opportunity. For international students, the work status H-1B in the short term and the green card in the long term are really important. My family has invested lots of money in my education in the united states so they need me to be able to work in the united states for many years to pay the student loan.

Thirdly, I don't want to waste the team's time and effort so I would like to share the information on my side with you. I hope you can understand the pressure from my family.

I am very grateful to you for the opportunity and I hope you can find someone who has a better visa status to accept the job.

Have a lovely day!
-----

补充内容 (2021-09-25 01:55 +8:00):
救命啊,猎头大哥打电话跟我说,可以把我变成他们公司的full-time,帮我file h1b和green card,然后中厂contract结束以后再给我找新的,工资照付。emmm
20条回复