EECS PhD Position @ University of California, Merced

Dr. Hua Huang is looking for one Ph.D. student with full financial support (Fall'22) in the areas of mobile computing and wireless networking. Students with either EE or CS backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.

Candidates are expected to have:
  • Strong motivation in research,
  • and should be prepared for years of concentrated work.

The following background would be a big plus:
  • Published/Submitted research articles.
  • Experience in machine learning, computer networking, and signal processing.
  • Experience in the practical implementation of systems, such as mobile and embedded programming, PCB design, driver, and firmware development.

About UC Merced
University of California, Merced is the youngest member of the UC system. It is located within one hour of Silicon Valley, with access to multiple national parks. UC Merced CSE department has strong research on mobile computing. According to csrankings.org, the mobile computing area is ranked 25th. According to US News, Computer Engineering is ranked 105.

About me
My research interests are in sensing, smart healthcare, and wireless communication. Specifically, my recent work focuses on designing novel human sensing systems using magnetic sensors. My vision is to leverage the ever more powerful and low-cost advanced magnetic sensors to monitor the wide variety of objects in daily lives, including the human body, electronic devices, and vehicles. My work has been published in top conferences, including Mobicom, Mobisys, Sensys, and Infocom. Please check out my website for further details.

How to apply
Please send your CV to me via 1point3acres.com if you are interested.
1条回复