11.30 上海水果

Sunny聪聪
背景:工作3.5y出国读cs,29大龄单身女青年,之前去过欧洲和美国,有美国B1/B2 10年签,父亲军队背景。

面签:最里面的窗口,黑发油头戴眼镜ABC,前面三个都check了,每个都打字N久,但是我不慌,因为感觉他已经check太多人了,指标用完了

我主动打招呼:Morning
小哥:Morning(声音洪亮,非常热情)
我:Here‘s my passport and I-20, do you need my old passport?
小哥:I may need it, what’s your program? your cv and study plan
我主动解释:Computer science,it’s a 6 semesters course-based program
小哥:读我的cv惊讶脸 You’ve been a surgeon?
我:Yes,after graduating from medical school, i practiced medicine for three years.
小哥:打字 which department?
我:general surgery
小哥:what’s your undergraduate school?
我:XXX
小哥:who pays for you?
我:I have my own savings
小哥:you‘re proved 给蓝条收护照
我:thanks

准备的东西:ds160,确认单,护照,cv,study plan,录取通知,课程介绍(搞了个word有每门课程的简介),第一门课的professor cv(linkin打印),工资银行流水,i-20用的财产证明,娘亲的工作证明,银行流水

准备的问答:
- [ ] Major: Computer and information sciences.
- [ ] Describe: It’s a Computer Science Align program based on 6 semesters program of study, allowing students without coding background to study computer science.
- [ ] The first two semesters are align classes, including foundations of computer science, discrete structures, algorithms, computer systems, and objet-oriented design. General classes for computer science begins from the third semester including foundations of software engineering, higher level computer systems and algorithms.
- [ ] Northeastern University: Other universities require prerequisites, the background of coding to be admitted. This program provides me the opportunity to study software engineering without coding experience.
- [ ] Resume and study plan, CV of professor: the program is course-based, but i do have resume for the professor of my first class.
- [ ] Fund: Most of my cost will be covered by my own savings since I’ve been worked more than three years, and the rest will be covered by my parents, my mom especially.
- [ ] Here’s my bank statement and details of my bank record for my salary, my mother’s salary and her employment certificate.
- [ ] My mother is a professor, she taught XXX in XXX
- [ ] Why return/ why CS: Go back to china and start my own business to build online clinic platform to make it easier for people to get follow-up service after surgery. And all my relationships and resources i need are here, since I am the only child, I want to stay close to them to take care of them.
- [ ] Bachelor degree:XXX in XXX University
- [ ] XXX in XXX University
- [ ] Surgical resident:
- [ ] After graduate from medical school, I became a surgical resident in XXX Hospital, I assist attending during operation, practice and lead minor surgeries like breast adenofibroma biopsy, appendectomy. communicate treatment plans with patients and providing follow-up care after prerequisites.
- [ ] During my rotation in hospital, i’m responsible for patients follow-up care after surgery. Patients still need follow-up service after they leave hospital until six moths or a year after surgery. It’s difficult for them to get in touch with surgeons since there’re lots of operations going on for each surgeon, so most of them choose to give up this essential follow-up post surgery. So it’s essential to build online clinic platform to make people especially elder people to have essential follow-up care.
- [ ] Investment manager:
- [ ] I’m responsible for deal due diligence and evaluation (Researching, analyzing and forecasting healthcare companies including competitive landscape analysis, key opinion leader interviews and patient-based market prediction), deal execution, draft reports and presentations to illustrate research finds and investment memo to investment committee.
- [ ] Since I want to build my own business, I have to get money from venture capital or private equity. I need to know what essential requirements they value, and how to start.
- [ ] Other countries in 5 years: Malaysia May of 2018, US July of 2018

补充内容 (2021-11-30 12:44 +08:00):
Study Plan
1) Research Area of Interest and Major:(please explain what your major is and what you plan to study)
① Program:
MS in Computer Science – Align (Northeastern University)
② Introduction:
The M.S. program allows students without coding backgrounds to acquire practical skills to build the next great app meanwhile earning the master’s degrees.
③ Courses to study:
Spring 2022:
CS 5001: Intensive Foundations of Computer Science
CS 5002: Discrete Structures
Summer 2022:
CS 5004: Object-Oriented Design
CS 5006: Algorithms
CS 5007: Computer Systems
Fall 2022:
CS 5500: Foundations of Software Engineering
CS 5600: Computer Systems
CS 5800: Algorithms
④ Why I choose MSCS in the US?
A. I believe that the master's degree in computer science in US can equip me with indispensable academic capabilities and hands-on experience needed to undertake the aforementioned objective to serve our society better, especially improve the life quality of those people in need.
B. MSCS-Align is a perfect opportunity allowing me without coding experience to earn my master’s degree while other universities tend to expect CS graduate students with prerequisites.
⑤ Why returning to China after graduation?
A. Start my own business and build online clinic platform. There are still a huge amount of people cannot get appropriate healthcare service nowadays in China, and I believe it is quite meaningful for me to improve their health conditions through computer techniques.
B. Personally, I am the only child in my family, and I want to go back to China to take care of my parents and spend more time with them.
2) Advisor or Potential Advisor: (this means your research advisor not academic advisor)
I do not have research advisors.
3) Is your program coursework only? If not, please tell us the name of your research project and give a basic description of your research.
Yes, it is a total course-based program.
4) Research Funding: (Where is the funding coming from?)
None.
5) Practical Application of Research:
None.
4条回复