堪萨斯大学招收CS博士生, 研究方向: HPC, cloud/edge computing, data science

sunhongyang
Dr. Hongyang Sun is looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students with a strong academic background to join his research group, which works on high-performance computing (HPC) algorithms (e.g., resource scheduling, resilience, performance optimization), cloud/edge computing, and computational data science (including the design of scalable machine-learning systems).
Interested students please send your cv to Dr. Sun (1point3acres.com). The university application deadline is March 1, 2022 (GRA requirement is waived). However, early application/discussion is encouraged.

About me
I am currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Kansas, USA. Previously, I have held a research position at Vanderbilt University, USA, and was a postdoc at ENS de Lyon, INRIA, and IRIT, France. I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.

My research focuses on enhancing the performance, resilience, and energy efficiency of large-scale computing systems and applications, with the goal of advancing next-generation computing and software infrastructures through scalable algorithm design, resource management, performance modeling, optimization, and applied machine learning. I have published over 60 papers in top conferences and journals. More information about my research can be found on my academic webpage.

About KU
The University of Kansas (KU) is a top-tier (R1) public research university (ranked #58 Top Public Schools). Its main campus is located in Lawrence, Kansas -- a college town with a welcoming arts community, green spaces for staying active, top-rated restaurants, and wide-ranging shops. It enjoys a low cost of living and close proximity to Kansas City.
0条回复