分享干货:教授要推荐信怎么发邮件 - 超有用的模板!

vanessaaaay
给大家贡献一个我找教授要推荐信时的话术!我是完全自己DIY申请的。
去年申请一共找了五个教授,因为申请了12个项目,不好意思让教授写太多,所以平均分配了一下,每个教授给我交了7-8个。
一定要多找几个教授!因为肯定会有教授太忙了然后忘记了的。deadline前要多和教授沟通,如果教授实在错过了deadline,也可以发邮件问学校能不能extend一下,一般来说推荐信晚个一两天是没什么问题的。
——————————————————————————————

Dear xxx,

第一段:I hope xxx is going well for you. My name is [ ]. I was your former student in [ ], and I got a [ xxx GPA] in the course. I’m a senior this year and I’m planning to apply for graduate programs. I am writing to ask if you can write letter of recommendation for my application.

第二段:If possible, I really hope to be referred by you, as I admire your [把教授夸一遍]. [把你和教授的互动全都写上!如果没太多互动,也可以适当编一下,比如I remember when we talked about xxx after class. 相信我,不管你有没有跟他聊过,他肯定都记不得的!]After taking your class, I not only had a comprehensive overview of [学到了什么], but also [有什么长远的帮助].

第三段:I found [这节课] very useful in [ 写一下你如何在实习或者research project用到了这节课的知识].

第四&五段:To further learn about [ ], I plan to pursue a MS in [ ]. If possible, we could set up a zoom call to discuss further if possible.

It would be great if you can write me a recommendation letter that demonstrate my commitment in further study in the field of [ ]. Please let me know if it’s possible, and please let me know if there is any other information I can provide. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
xxx

求加米!!!帮别人加米是不会消耗自己米的嘻嘻 :)
2条回复