1 RA the University of Rhode Island (Fall 2022)

林辉
I am looking for Ph.D. students (1 position) as research assistants to join my group. We will work on interdisciplinary projects to enhance the resiliency of today's cyber-physical systems and Internet-of-things. Students with interests and experiences in areas related to system/network security and reliability, computer networks, and power systems are encouraged to apply. The positions will remain open until filled by qualified candidates.

Qualification:
B.S. or M.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related areas.
Strong interest in cybersecurity, cyber-physical systems, algorithms, machine learning, and/or signal processing.
Knowledge in software-defined networking (SDN) and edge computing is preferred, but not required.
Experiences in deep learning and data analytics are preferred, but not required.
Previous research experiences in power grid security are preferred, but not required.

About myself:
Hui Lin is an Assistant Professor at the Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering Department at the University of Rhode Island. He earned his Ph.D. degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2017 in electrical and computer engineering. His research interests include cybersecurity, intrusion detection systems, and software-defined networking (SDN) in the areas of cyber-physical systems, such as power systems. He has successfully adapted Zeek (originally known as Bro), a runtime network traffic analyzer, to support network protocols (e.g., DNP3) commonly used in power grid infrastructure. The DNP3 analyzer that he developed has been included in Bro and can be downloaded freely by utility companies. His current work focuses on applying SDN in cyber-physical systems; he intends to use SDN’s network programmability to design flexible cyber-physical systems that can quickly respond to cyber-attacks and accidents. He has received NSF CAREER and NSF CRII awards.

Contact information:
Please send your C.V. and transcript or any other questions to Dr. Hui Lin at 1point3acres.com if interested.
0条回复