UCLA的MLIS拒绝理由/录取标准

不知道在这里写是否合适?之前被UCLA拒了,问了拒绝理由,今天收到小蜜的回复邮件,我觉得比较有参考价值,所以搬来这里分享一下~以下:
The Department receives many more applications than we have openings, and unfortunately we turn away many qualified students.

Many applications are rejected because they do not meet the minimum university admission requirements for graduate study. The most difficult criterion to meet for many is the undergraduate grade point average: “A scholastic average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required-or its equivalent if the letter grade system is not used-for the last 60 semester nits or last 90 quarter units of undergraduate student and in any post-baccalaureate study.”

Because of the number of applicants, many are turned away even though they have a sufficient GPA. One of the things we look at is the quality of the statement of purpose: Is the essay well written? Is the proposed program of study clearly stated? Is the motivation sufficiently described? We examine the quality of the writing in part in an effort to determine whether we believe the student will succeed in a competitive graduate program. You may want to be more specific about the school to which you are applying and the program in which you are interested.

Although less significance is attached to the GREs, we do look at the test score to see if they can shed further light on the application. The same generally holds for the letters of recommendation as well.

Please feel free to write me again if you think I can be of further help to you. I wish you the best of luck.

总结一下GPA比较重要,PS也很重要要尽量match(我可能就栽在这里了),GRE等硬件分和推荐信相对次要。
8条回复